008

Vinnie's POV

"So whats wrong?"'I asked Ivy, she stared up at me "what do you mean?" "You said you were struggling yesterday" "oh yeah I'm good"
She nodded giving me thumbs up. I don't understand her, but I guess it's good to know she was doing well. Ever since she checked up on me and help brighten my day, not to say she hit a soft spot but I just wanted to be there for her the way she was there for me. It might've been something small to her but the favor and help was huge to me.

She took her small mirror out, checking herself out "you still have mirrors?" I asked she looked up at me confusedly "you know? since you're ugly. Im surprised you haven't broke them all" "tch" she rolled her eyes shoving me gently while I laughed.

"Can we join?" Enzo approached us, he had his arm wrapped around Delilah. Before I could even speak up "no we're going Christmas shopping, so we decline" Ivy stated, she crossed her arms over her chest. Their eyes moved up to mine to see the approval but I shrugged "I guess we're busy" Enzo eyes widen "oh wow" "well we're going to get going before it all sells out" she said wrapping her arms around Delilah tightly.

...

I gripped onto the two store baskets, I had one in each hand while Ivy sniff some candles. She would often hold them up to my nose and ask for my opinion. I would space out but sometimes I would glance over at her to check if she needed anymore assistant, this wasn't really bad. But I know maybe another day I would force her to deal with the stuff I'm interested in. Like play video games, I'm not sure what but it's like that one thing I scratch your back and you scratch mine. We work what we have and don't complain.

I glance towards her taking small sniffs, it was funny to see the faces she made and interesting whenever she found a good one. Some would be good but sometimes it smelt like complete ass.

"Does this one smell nice?" She asked holding it up to my nose, I took a small sniff "yeah it smells really good" I noted. She didn't say anything but held onto it "cozy nights" she mumble "do you actually have interest .. with Julian?" My eyes fall down to hers, her eyes soften scrunching up her lips after. For the small pause it was starting to worry me, there was no need for the pause. All I needed was a yes or no.

"I don't know how to say it" she tapped her finger against her cheek "no, the answer is no" even after this "answer" it still wasn't enough for me.

"Why would I give someone this love, where I know the possibilities of me receiving it back is very low? Where I can just do it myself, give myself the love I deserve. I'm smarter than that" she stated while the candle in her hands.

The answer made me soften up, smart girl is what I wanted to say.

"Good answer, you're not wrong" I shake my head "very good answer, I don't know what to say-" "let's go pay and I'll get us something to eat" she tugged onto my sweater sleeve waking us to the checkout line. People stared at us strangely and in awe, I shrugged it off I was still thinking about her response.

"So what should we eat?" She asked as she paid "maybe a snack? I don't want anything to heavy" I said as we walked out the store. As we discussed on what to eat, her eyes stayed glued at the skating rink in the middle of the mall. Was she shy to ask? I knew if Delilah was here instead of me they would've gone.

I cleared my throat "we can go, I can be off to the side and watch?" I offered, her eyes filled with excitement "I can't let you do that, let's go together" "I don't know how-" "doesn't matter, I can teach you" it was like she was waiting for me to mention it.

I kept declining the offer, I knew I would make a compete fool of myself. But then I found myself near the middle of the rink clutching onto her hands as she smiled. I think that was my favorite part of winter, the white snow always made everyone glow and the rink was giving off that same glow.

She slowly pulled away from me as she did a small spin, circling around me "don't be shy, take a small step forward" she said "you're dumb, I'm going to bust my ass if I even move" her hands reached towards me, I grabbed a hold of them while she gently pulled me.

We both laughed about how nervous I was to move and how she was basically holding my hand dragging me away from everyone. I took a small weird step causing us to fall back on our asses, we burst into even more laughter.

...

I sprung around my chair, listening to music while I did my usual thinking. What was strange was I wasn't really bothered with hanging out with Ivy, I finally warmed up with her. And I think she did the same with me, I'm always doing random things with her.  She's always dragging me to go shopping with her, and its weird because I do usually have fun. Who would've thought this big nerd could give me such a good time, not even having Enzo around.

My door creaked open and my attention went towards my mom. "How was your day?" She asked "great, and yours?" "It was amazing" she smiled, her eyes quickly went towards the plant.

"Since when?" She pointed "a friend gave it to me, lame gift isn't it?" I chuckled. "It's sweet" she gently touched it "I think you'll like the friend, she's very weird but nice?" I said causing her to laugh a little "you think so?" "She's kinda like Enzo" I mentioned "then I adore her already, it's getting late don't stay up too late bud" she ran her fingers through my hair before leaving my room.

I shut the lights off, moving onto my bed staring off to space. I just kept seeing her.  Ivy sniffing the candles to her laughing and smiling about me falling while dragging her down with me.

And I couldn't help but think of her answer to my question, there was no need for me to worry for her. She was smart and completely out of everyone's league and I hate to admit it. She is cute, I'll give her that but that's how far as it goes. We're friends, and she was straight forward on getting her life together and I dont want to inference with that.

My phone vibrated, Delilah's name appeared announcing we have some sleepover to attend this weekend. We made this group chat on Instagram what amazed even more was.. soon after ..Ivy messaged me saying I couldn't decline the invitation, I can't be mean to Delilah and that she had the best snack.

I smiled and my face felt completely hot I grabbed onto a pillow shoving my face into it, why was I so nervous and confused? I just know by tomorrow these emotions will be gone, it's just a phase.

A/N don't forget to comment and vote, thank you so much!!! It means the world to me.