029

Ivy's POV

Vinnie asked me out to prom holding out a sign with a couple of flowers and my favorite goods at school a couple of days ago. I picked out my dress with Delilah we had a great time, and now were eating at some restaurant. It was good, although my dad always loved to pick on me now. It's hard to keep up with school and stuff but at times I would randomly take some unexpected naps in Vinnie's house and I would later wake up to him writing notes for me so I wouldn't fall behind in school.

The rain was pouring outside and we all finished eating. The guys had also finished picking out their suits and we called it a day, I was always suffering from a headache so the best way to end the short day was getting wrapped up in Vinnie's arms,well that's what I wanted.

He swung our hands, standing in entrance so we wouldn't get wet. He tugged on my hand tilting his head, motioning me to go out. "Wasn't that on your bucket list? Dancing in the rain" he said was stepping out, I nodded my head starting to feel the droplets on my skin.

He grinned while making me twirl, we both laughed as I fell back into his arms. We messed around in the rain swinging our arms to running around, even twirling each other.

"Jesus why are the droplets so huge, it's hurting my head" one of his eyes were closed, grabbing ahold of my hand he dragged me to his car opening the door for me.

I stepped inside, as he paused giving me a small kiss "sorry it wasn't as you planned" he apologized before closing my door. No it was perfect.

...

Vinnie immediately stood up, as soon as we made eye contact. His hand stretched towards me as he walked, he then brought my hand towards his face laying a kiss "you're not really my type, but you look so good so theres that" he joked while his eyes were doing that soft look, I knew I was making the same face back but I laughed "i hate you" I mumble before kissing his lips "not as much as I hate you"he winked.

He walked us to the dance floor, bringing me close to his chest as we started to slowly dance. My head laid on his chest and every few seconds I would glance up at vinnie who would just lay a small forehead kiss.

I didn't notice anything until now, but that I was changing. Well slightly and it was for the good, I was more confident I wasn't hesitating as much as before. I use struggle opening up and being more affection towards him.

What made my heart go crazy was the way he looked at me, like I was only girl in the room. So many pretty girls around and his eyes still landed on mine and continued to stay on mine. He always made me feel like I could accomplish anything in life, anything I desire. Whenever I was feeling down, he was so good with words. I just knew I didn't just have Delilah but I had him as well.. I did feel guilty at times. Like I wasn't good enough for him, he deserved better. But we looked and just felt so happy around each other.

The song finished and we both walked back to the table. "You two are so in love it's gross" Delilah winked, Vinnie's hand somehow found it's way on my lap, he softly gripped onto it while speaking to Enzo.

He caught me looking at him so his hand went up to my cheeks, squeezing them together before spreading kisses all over my face "all mine, understand?" He held a playful look, winking afterwards.

"Gross" we heard a voice, snapping our attention up at it. Vinnie's hand continued to stay on my face, we were looking up at Julian who was now taking a seat with his date at the table. A very beautiful brown eyed blonde, I would say that she was out of his league.

I smiled at her and gently introduced myself to her, as she did the gesture back.

"Surprise to see you here"Julian smiled at me "what do you mean it's prom" Vinnie laughed. I didn't understand what was going on.. like I legitimately didn't.

"What's the move after this whole thing?" He asked "we're all going home" I lied, we all actually planned to go relax at Vinnie's. Watch movies and hang out.

"Lame, why don't you guys come with me and Celia to a party. I mean everyone looks great, just change into different clothes" he leaned back and wrapped arm around her. Enzo shake his head "no thanks, by the end of this year we'll all have beer bellies with all that partying.. you all can-" "no I reject the invitation too" I softly smiled.

Julian eyes went towards Vinnie "no im not going alone, I agre-" "you can be with me and Celia" Julian smiled "no, I'm good. Thanks" Vinnie sighed.

"That sucks, I mean Chris is going.." his eye shot back up at mine and I tilted my head. I mean I knew that as well, he invited Vinnie and I to tag along but again we rejected the offer.

"Have you guys danced?" I brought up "no, Julian isn't the best. During homecoming he kept stepping on my feet" Celia giggled. "That's tough, maybe we can dance together!" "Really?" Her eyes beamed "of course" I leaned against my hand smiling up at her. Poor girl. I'll be her prom date.

"Celia was so excited, she loves when I dress up. She says I look extremely handsome" Julian stared, what's his issues? "Ivy you look pretty nice.." he added. I quickly reacted making a face "Ivy likes when I wear my chains, she says she likes the view" Vinnie smiled.

Everyone stared at him, I was turning red and so was he. Now realizing what has slipped out of his mouth. "Ion get it.." Enzo glanced around the table, Delilah raised her brow giving him the look where he loudly gasped "Vincent" he pointed.

"TMI?" Julian awkwardly laughed, I elbowed Vinnie hushing at him as the smirk was starting to form on his lips "make me" he said out loud, my face fell into my palms "you know what, Celia and I are going to dance" I stood up dragging her onto the dance floor.

Delilah soon joined us, we continued to laugh and enjoy the dance floor. Celia seemed like such a sweet girl, it was disappointing to remember that she was Julian's date. I glanced over at the table to see the boys talking, Julian turned and winked at me making me look away pretending I didn't see anything.

At the end of the night we waved at each other and I was deeply into Vinnie's jacket, we stood in the parking lot talking for a bit. The moon light reflected off of everyone's face, everyone looked so pretty.

But Vinnie's eyes fixed onto me, his brows raised while his mouth slightly opened. He looked like he wanted to talk but he just couldn't "what's wrong?" I asked "nothing" he managed to say.

"You know what, I think we're meant to be" I grabbed his hand pulling him towards me where I was now close to his chest. "You're such a hopeless romantic but I think so too.." he whispered as his fingers started to caress my face, while his other hand started to grip my waist trying to pull me even more closer. I pulled away stepping back so my back hit the car door and we both smiled.

"Let's just go home and wrap our arms around each other" he whispered in my ear "I just hate how I'm so mushy around you..but I'm just happy we're together" he said kissing behind my ear again causing a big smile to grow on my face. "Stop that tickles" I shoved him gently "that's the whole point of it.. I just want to see you smile" he gazed was fixed on me.

My parents didn't show the best example of love, but Vinnie always reminded me that love was still alive, just because it never really existed in my household doesn't mean it was dead. And I guess people were right about the, you'll find the right person and they'll treat you so amazing that you forget the negative things in your life.

A/N  any of you like the new cover? But also thank you for reading and voting!!!