036

"Did you eat today?" Vinnie asked, I nodded my head as I threw myself on his bed.

"Did you?" I returned the question "no, I was hoping you can join me in the kitchen so I can make something and you can keep me company" he shrugged. I sat up nodding my head following him back downstairs.

"Graduation.. huh" he smiled while taking a few ingredients out. "Scary" I sighed scrolling through my phone "how are things going?" He asked "Delilah mom is going help my mom get a job, so there's my plan" I stared down at my phone. Vinnie cleared his throat "I was thinking maybe your mom can in move in, we have room now and she can stay here until she gets back on her feet" he awkwardly stood with a small spatula.

Little by little Vinnie was opening up to his feelings again, stuff about his parents divorcement. I made sure to show I was stuck by his side, but I'm glad he continued to talk to Enzo. Atleast he was comfortable with him.

I raised my head up laying it in my hand "you think your mom would be cool with it?" I questioned "of course, anything to help. But I wasn't sure if you were okay with me telling her" I simply nodded at him and he immediately smiled.

Vinnie continued to have odd days, he would sometimes distances himself but he was slowly getting better. I would often check up on him at times to make sure he was okay and he would often do the same towards me. We still did that comfortable silence around each other but nothing felt the same. He continued to hide parts of his feelings and I just wasn't sure, I would sometimes worry that he'll blow up someday and lash on me again..

A small plate of grill cheese laid in front of me "I know you haven't ate, I didn't see you at lunch today" he pointed before taking a small bite "I'm sharing with you if that helps.." he added I smiled before cutting it in half for the two of us.

He moved his way towards me, sitting on the stool "do you think we can do that in college?" He randomly asked "what?" "Study together..?" "I'm sure but you'll probably get so busy you'll forget about me.." I mentioned.

"I don't think that's possible, we're glued together" he smiled as his hand reached over to my face rubbing my cheek before he pulled away "sorry" he mumbled.

Vinnie leaned towards me while laying his head on his palm "now tell me Ivy.. what are you plans for the future?" His brows raised knowing where the conversation was about to go.

"Well now that you asked" I chuckled "your eyes glow whenever the topic comes around.. That's why I'm always so jealous of you" his head move into his arms signing for me to start playing with his hair.

"You don't get bored?" My fingers started to comb "of course not, I adore the way you talk and look. Makes me feel relax, I can listen to you talk about it countless times.." he muttered "I look forward to what the future holds for you, finally you get what you deserve. wealth and happiness" his eyes flashed opened and stared up at me.

"The same goes towards you, we got this" I could just give him a kiss. He stood up grabbing my hands "I kinda want something to drink.. you know what that means" he laughed.

I watched as he shoved the other half of the grill cheese into his mouth while grabbing his car keys, I chuckled throwing on my sweater while I followed him out the door.

We didn't have anything to do, the school year literally ended for us. We had so much time to waste now, but again Vinnie and I hardly hung out and when we did it would constant of us doing the friendly cuddles and just doing our own things while having each other by our side. I still take him out for shopping, he doesn't mind I mean I buy him food after the whole thing.

We drove to a local business, we sat outside the shop in one of the small tables they had out.

"I can get the food" I stood up, vinnie gently smiled up and nodded. Again resting his head into his arms, I walked inside the small store.

I stood in line, feeling a small tap on my shoulder I turned to see a tall boy with brown hair wrapped in a tight bun. His green eyes stared down at me and I was a bit taken back, it was our classmate Aaron.

"Hey" he awkwardly smiled "what do recommend, first time here" he said "the fruit cups, or the milkshakes theyre thick .." I went on, he nodded and took notes to what I was saying.

"I'll get a milkshake" he shrugged, they lady upfront called my name and I quickly grabbed the fruit cup.

"Any plans after highschool?" I asked him "yeah, I got accepted to UW actually how about you? I heard you were debating between that and Eastern, what did you choose?" "Uw..actually.." wow another person to add on the list.

This was the fifth person I heard that got accepted.

"Cool, well hopefully we see each other around" he waved "take care" he added while walking up to the front.

I walked outside to see Vinnie glaring at us both, a simple smile appeared on his lips "what did Aaron want?" He asked popping a piece of mango into his mouth.

"Did you know that Aaron was going to UW.." I asked watching as he nodded his head "ahh was he asking about your plans?" He smirked "yeah.." I nodded poking at the watermelon.

"He was looking at you kinda strange" Vinnie rolled his eyes, I raised my brows "he was new to the place" I replied, Vinnie scoffed out loud "probably an excuse to speak to you" "it shouldn't even matter.." I sighed, vinnie lips scrunched before he crossed arms slightly pouting.

"Yeah.." he muttered, I ignored his comment and continued to poke on the fruit. What now?

I apologize to him and took a small spoonful of the food. Vinnie shrugged his shoulders "I mean you're not wrong so.."this whole thing was awkward, the feeling of the air wasn't even good. What's the point of dragging that if you both aren't going to get a good answer.

"Do you think we're able to stay as friends?" "Yeah I know we can..we promised that" "but is it even healthy for us? What if I start seeing a boy?" "Then I accept it?" He slowly said poking at the pinky ring I had gave him, I couldn't believe he was still wearing it.. considering the fact that I put the necklace in the box. I think he even noticed I wasn't wearing it.

"It's not like it'll bother you if I got with someone" Vinnie's eyes squinted, I did an exasperated sighed, were my actions not enough for him to understand that I was still in love with him? Did he really want to hear the three words to know if I really meant it?

I ignored him, I was too stressed to say anything. I was scared to say the words, I didn't want him to leave like last time. Vinnie rubbed his neck while spacing out on the food "we should end the day.. it's getting late now"he mumbled.

I nodded my head and stood up, he reached and threw the food away walking back to his car. His hands shoved into his pockets looking a bit sadden from our small talk.

He was so quick to end it the first time with no explanation, I can't imagine what the next time would look like. I didn't understand him and it was hard to understand when he doesn't even wanna open up.. he's so dry whenever the topic comes around.

I wanted to wait for him but to me it feels like I'm putting the whole 75% while he's just putting in just 25%. What am I suppose to do? What if one day he just decides he was tired and stops trying.. I'll be the one who's broken.

I have so many questions so I just wanted to ask and talk but we can't even do that.

It's best if we stay as friends, or not friends at all..