4.1

"Today you'll assess a few players, Scott McTominay, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw. They'll be coming in earlier than usual, so if everything is safe, they can either train with the Premier League lot or the ones that aren't registered." I explained. As if by magic, they all strolled through the door.

"Well, here are your men. I hope you look after them well. Inform me of any injuries at lunch."

I walked out the door and left them to it. Ed messaged me saying he wanted to speak, so I walked to his office. I knocked twice, then entered.

"Mr Woodward, you wanted to speak?"

"Yes. It is between you and Mr McTominay. I wanted to ensure you know that there are no relationships from you and any of the players."

"I know I can't date them; I'm not dating any of them, but do the lads know that? One of them showed me their interest in them; I immediately shut it down. I did explain why, but they said you never told them about the rule."

"I never told them as I thought they would know. You are a woman, after all, so I only told you because of the way women can act around lots of men."

"What? Can you say that again?"

"I only told you because of the way women can act around lots of men."

"Mr Woodward, you do realise that is sexist and outright rude?"

"It's not sexist; I'm just telling the truth on what I believed."

"Okay, then. Just say that to your wife and wait for her reaction. I'm sure she'd enjoy that remark greatly, considering."

I stormed out of the room, my body allowing rage flow freely. I had five minutes before the media duty, so I slowly walked to the conference room. I sat in front of the computer and joined the call for the conference.

"So, y/n, how are you feeling for the game against Everton, as Solksjaer won 3-1?" One of the reporters asked.

"I'm ready for it. Ole set the bar with the 3-1 win; we are all prepared for the challenge. We do have a few injury queries but other than that there's nothing to worry. They're training brilliantly; we're looking for the win tomorrow."

"You spoke briefly about some injuries there, any updates on Scott from Leeds?" Another spoke.

"Yeah. Scott won't be playing against Everton as we'll see how his groin is for Leicester. Also, Aaron has a knock and Luke might not be fully fit. We'll have to wait and see, as they're with the physio's now."

"Are you confident you'll win the game, y/n, considering how things were under Solksjaer? Ole's team conceded early on, but Bruno and Rashford managed to pull it back."

These reporters were going to set me off. I was a ticking bomb, only a matter of time before I blew up.

"I know how Solksjaer played the game tactically; we had a call two nights before the game. Everton figured us out with that; hopefully, Ancelotti isn't tactically ready for the alterations I have made for Wednesday's game."

"Solksjaer mentioned-"

"Could you please stay on topic? I'm the manager now, so please, respectively, can you ask me questions relevant to the game against Everton? Thank you,"

Well, the bomb blew up. I sank back in my chair, pestered at my actions, and the journalists. I tipped my head back, then leant forward to look at the screen. No one addressed me for a few seconds. "If I have no more questions, I'll get going. I do have a game to prepare for," Nobody moved an inch. "So, thank you all for your time. Have a good day." I flashed them a quick smile, then left the call. I left the conference room.