The future

(NOT BASED ON ANY IRL EVENTS)

---

Three years later...

"Wow, y/n, you look beautiful." Scott greeted me as I entered the restaurant for our date night. It was extremely rare that we would find a night where we could enjoy ourselves, but with the season finished, we could do what we wanted.

"Thank you, Scotty. You don't look too bad yourself."

We enjoyed our meal on the balcony, being able to look out to the sea, the stars and the moon.

"I've just got one more thing to do before we go."

"Yeah, what is it, Tommy?"

"y/f/n, you have changed my life so much. You've made me feel complete. You have made me the best version of myself; you've made me a whole. You came in and showed me light in a room filled with darkness, showed me an exit when I couldn't find one and showed me security when there was none to be found. By saying all of this, I mean that I want you to be mine forever." Scott got down on one knee. "So, y/f/n, will you make me the happiest man on the planet? Will you be my wife? Will you marry me?"

Tears brimmed my eyes when he finished his speech. "Oh my god, YES! YES! OF COURSE!"

Scott came to me and hugged me. Once I had dried a few of my tears, Scott placed the ring on my ring finger on my left hand. It fit perfectly. To close the night, we sealed it with a passionate kiss (and maybe something which should be kept in the bedroom).

When we told the lads and the public, Dan and Bruno were going mental. They, possibly, were unable to handle the fact that their ultimate ship was together, and for the rest of their lives.

-----

One year from the proposal...

I walked down the aisle, with my father taking me down. Looking deep into Scott's eyes, I heard a small "wow," coming from him. Unbelievably, Dan was one of Scott's best men. Tears barricaded our eyes as I met him at the altar.

"You look so beautiful."

"You look charming."

"Today we are gathered here for the wedding of Scott McTominay and y/f/n. We may begin with the vows."

Scott got a small piece of paper from out of his pocket. "y/n, ever since the day I first met you, I knew you were the one. Even when there have been many bumps in the road, we always have made everything back to normal. You are the world to me, and knowing that I will have you by my side can only make me happier. Though it may be me giving you your cup of tea the second you wake up, or when you need me to hold your hair back when you're ill, I will always be there for you."

"I had a piece of paper, but I left it in the car like an idiot, so I'll just have to say it from the heart. Scott, ever since you let me stay with you during a time where a form of shelter was lost, I knew that we would have this special bond. It has made me a better person, mentally and physically. You have shaped my life into a wonderful piece of art. You are up there with the best. I will always help and support you whenever you need me to. To be standing here, with our friends and family and being able to tie us forever, shows how special you are. You are amazing, and I will do what you  need me."

Scott had to wipe his eyes, as tears were practically flowing down his face like a river.

"Do you, Scott McTominay, take y/f/n, to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do."

"And do you, y/f/n, take Scott McTominay, to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

"I do."

"Any objections, or forever hold your peace." No one responded. "You may now kiss the bride."

Scott's lips found mine in seconds. I could taste the slight hint of the salty tears which fell down his face, and he could potentially taste mine.

When we eventually pulled away, Scott whispered, "I love you, Mrs McTominay."

"I love you too, Mr McTominay. My Tommy."

"My y/n/n. My Queen."

"My King."

The night was amazing, our first dance went better than expected, considering we decided to just go with the flow, with little dancing experience.

I think Dan cried the whole night because his 'one true pairing' was a reality.

Our honeymoon destination was your/desired/honeymoon, and everything went to plan.

-----

One year and nine months (😉) after the wedding...

"Scott! My waters just broke!" I screeched, holding onto the sofa arm with as much might and force that I could.

"Oh my god! I'm calling an ambulance!"

Five hours later...

"One more push!" The midwife told me. I was in an indescribable amount of pain. My hand was leaving nail marks on Scott's palm.

I gave as much as I could and sighed full of relief once I heard the cry of our newborn baby. Scott's eyes began to fill with tears.

"It's a your/child/gender!"

We named our child your/child/name, and our family was complete.

-----

Seven years later...

"y/c/n! Come here! We need to go to Old Trafford to watch dad play his last game for Manchester United!"

"I'm coming, mum!" Our child came down the stairs, in his/her/their united shirt.

Once we got to Old Trafford, I passed him/her/them to Scott's mum, as I still had to manage the game.

We ended up winning 3-0, with Scott ending his career on a hat-trick. Scott had already begun his coaching qualifications, so we could be partners-in-crime on and off the pitch.

Our lives are idyllic, and I couldn't ask for a better husband than Scott or a better child than y/c/n.

I love you.

----------

a/n this is the end of 'i love you'! thank you so so much for the support.

thank you for the continued support on this book, it has made me confident enough to write more for you guys.

if you don't mind, can you check out my other books? (there is another scott mctominay one, a brandon williams one, a donny van de beek and a football imagines where requests are open). i will be focussing on them (unless/until i do the sequel).

please, stay safe, sending love and treat people with kindness,

c.b ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️