79

The Manchester derby. Away at the Etihad. The second time I've been there as a manager, as our first WSL game was away in the derby and played at the Etihad.

I am prepared as I can be for this game. Everyone going in with the right mindset, we know we need to start on the strong foot off the mark and hit the ground running.

Kick-off, we are ready for this game and we will fight until the end.

BRUNO YOU BEAUTIFUL PORTUGUESE MAGNIFICO!!! Our iconic penalty taker scores again and he is saving my job. Come on United!!! I think more has happened in the first minute than the whole ninety against Crystal.

HT: Man City 0 - 1 Man Utd. Even though we are winning at the break, there is still a second half to play.

LUKE SHAWWWWW!! What a goal by OUR PLAYER OF THE MONTH! Come on the lads, come on UNITED! the shithousery of this side!!

Rashford has to be subbed off due to injury; I hope it is nothing too serious.

FT: Man City 0 - 2 Man Utd. It is a result we are extremely, extremely happy and proud with, but we will move onto the next one and keep fighting to close the gap.

Interviews with Sky and MUTV went as expected, and the bus ride went better than last time. Scott managed to escape a somewhat talkative DJ and sat on the window seat on the ride back to Carrington, next to me.

With this being my first official win against Man City away (as the last time I was the manager I lost 1-0 here with the women), I was ecstatic and over the (red) moon. Smiles were found on every face here. Scott couldn't stop talking about how much of an amazing manager I was. A little thankful we wear masks, as my face was probably more red than Manchester.

We got to Carrington and I drove home. I was the first one home; Scott came in shortly after. We both got ready for bed and I made a post on Instagram.

@yourusername

📍 Etihad Stadium

liked by deanhenderson, martial_9, branwilliams, gneville2 and 94,062 others

yourusername Beyond proud of the lads for the grind today. Manchester is red, come on!! (well done @lukeshaw23 and @brunofernandes.10 for the goals today ⚽️⚽️ and @deanhenderson on the clean sheet 🧤🥅) ❤️❤️❤️ #manchesterisred

loading comments...

@scottmctominay OUR MANAGER >

replies -> @yourusername  Thank you Scottynaldinho 🥺❤️

-> @scottmctominay Has @brunofernandes.10 been talking to you?

-> @brunofernandes.10 Of course!

-> @scottmctominay @yourusername WHY

-> @yourusername funny innit

-> @daniel_james97 I still ship y/ship/n 👩‍❤️‍👨👫 #yourshipname

-> @brunofernandes.10 I think I do too #yourshipname

@manchesterunited Got it spot on, Boss! 👊

replies -> @yourusername ❤️

@kirstyhanson3 Well done, y/n!! ☺️

replies -> @yourusername Thank you, Kirsty! Well done on your goal today! 😊

@gneville2 Thanks y/n I can have a bottle tonight 🍷

replies -> @yourusername Treat yourself 🍾🍷

@1maryearps C'mon y/n!!

replies -> @yourusername Cheers Maz! Happy birthday too 🥳🥳

--------------------------------------------------

Scott was in the kitchen making us a cup of tea. "Princess?"

"Yes, Tommy?"

"Can you come here for a second?"

"Of course," I got up from the sofa and wandered over to him. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to say," Scott pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead, "I am so proud of you. You've made the team a whole, and it amazes me how you've changed us all. I think I'm saying that on behalf of all the lads."

"Thank you, Tommy. If you guys didn't put the effort in, we wouldn't have got the result. I love you so much."

"I love you so much, beautiful. Our teas are ready, by the way."

We sat down and watched an episode of y/f/show. The episode finished; I looked at Scott and he was sleeping.

I didn't want to wake him up, but I knew I would be way too weak to carry him up the stairs.

Instead, I kissed him, which woke him up.

"You fell asleep when watching the episode, Tommy. Wanna get to sleep?"

Scott nodded his head as a response. I helped him get up and we both went to our room. Scott's head hit the pillow, and he practically fell back to sleep in seconds. I cuddled him as I drifted off as well, happy that we had won the derby.

--------------------------------------------------

A/N THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST UPDATE UNTIL THE WEEKEND AS BORIS JOHNSON DECIDED THAT SCHOOLS NEED TO GO BACK.

I am back to school on Thursday (if my corona test is negative from doing it on Wednesday). This means that I might not be able to update on Thursday, but I promise I will try my best to upload as much as I can.

On top of this, from the 29th of March, I will be updating LESS as football should resume (if everything goes to plan).

I hope I can still finish the book by March 28th, but if anything it will be completed during the Easter holidays (two weeks time-ish).

Stay safe everyone!!

sending love,

c.b xxx