Case closed

I feel empty.

Nothing.

Alone.

Numb.

Cold. So very cold.

I sit in my bed with my head against the wall. My hair is greasy and stringy. My eyes are puffy. I feel disgusting.

My body is going through intense pain, after all the mark has left my body.

My wolf is curled up in the corner of my mind. She needs to be let out.

I walk downstairs in Nathan's shirt that comes all the way to my knees. I go behind a tree and take it off. I think of my wolf and she comes out.

Lena's POV

Loosing your mate is like loosing half of your body with no pain medication. It hurts to take a step. I let my instincts guide me and I'm suddenly in the middle of the courtyard. The place where Natuan and I first kissed.

A pained howl escapes my mouth. Soon I hear many more howls with me. Wolves surround me and rub there pelts against mine in comfort.

This time when I howl, we all howl together. Creating a sad song that only we can understand. The sound is a haunting melody replaying in my mind over and over again. I curl into a ball in the ground and many others join me. There is a blank spot on my right side were my mate should be. Little whimpers escape me and I shut my eyes, but not falling asleep. I hear paws coming towards me, but I dont open my eyes. When someone steps in Nathan's place I lift my head and my lips pull back slightly.

A beautiful black wolf with silver paws sits in his place.

The smell of cinnamon evades my senses and I perk up. The wolf let's out a huff and angles his head towards the ground. Asking permission to lay down. I hesitantly nod and he slowly lays down.

His sent calls to me like a mates would. My body is attracted to him like a magnet. Secound mates are rare. 1 our of 10 wolves get one. I hear a girl giggling over by the pack house and I turn my head towards her. Its Madelyn. I walk over to her and she squeals out of delight. She runs over and hugs me. She hangs onto my fur and giggles. I nuzzle her and she squeals at my cold nose. I sit down and she gets on my back. I walk back to the pile of wolves and bark at them.

Though it is difficult right now, but this girl right here is pure light. If she sees we are upset she will become upset, dampening her light. Along with all the other kids. So let's go for a run and work off some stress.

The pack nods and gets up. Some go and get some other kids on their back and others get ready for the run.

"Your so pwetty wuna!"

Madelyn tells me, and I lick her wrist as a thankyou. She giggles and rubs her arm on her pants. We line up and Madelyn holds on to my neck tightly. I let out a bark and we all run through the woods. The kids giggle and laugh in excitment. We run around the territory line and back to the house. The kids are almost asleep. I nudge the backdoor open and bring Madelyn to her bed. She slides off my back and rolls into bed. She crawls under her blankets. I grab the side of it with my teeth and pull the blankets to her chin.

I then walk out of her room to mine and Nathan's. Then I change into Ari.

Ari's POV

My wolf is so strong. I walk into my bathroom and take a shower. The hot water hits my skin and I sigh out of relief. I wash my hair with Nathan's soap and my body with mine. I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around me. I wipe the glass and look at myself. My eyes are lifeless and I look tired and stressed. I look further down and I see that my baby bump is larger. I sigh and grab a brush. I brush my hair and hum 'War of hearts' it reminds me of the night on the dance floor. The memory makes me smile. A lone tear slips down my check. I turn around and I scream.