We are equals

When we got home I was worn out. The adrenaline in my veins fading with every secound that passes. Nathan's face is expressionless. He blocked me out of his mind.

I'm getting a little bit angry at him again. When we arrive at the house he opens the door and walks back in the house. Not before slamming it.

I sigh and get out. I look at the time on the stove. It says 9:30 pm.

When Madelyn and Aubrie left it was around 6. It took 3 hours to loose the people, they kept following us.

Looks like I'm going to be up all night. So how do I wake up? I make myself a 12 ounce of coffee and I put my earbuds in. It's been awhile since I danced. It used to be my passion. I walk down to the gym and get ready.

I'm lucky they have arial silks.

I see a closet. Maybe there are leotards in there. Most likely not.

I walk over and open the closet. Leotards off all color are hanging up. There are punching gloves, wraps, and chalk also.

I choose a plain blue one.

I look at the silks and take a deep breath. I connect my phone to the sound system and play my song. I dance to the parts I'm supposed to dance alone too. When I go over to the silks I feel my body come alive.

This could easily kill me, but what's fun without a little risk. I turn myself upside down wrap the silks around my legs and drop. My head is a few inches off the ground. I hear a few gasps but i don't stop. It's just me and my silks now. When the song is over I'm panting.

(Video above. You should watch it. It's super pretty!)

I hear claps and I look up.

Aubrie, Alex, the beta and the Delta were watching. I blush and duck my head.

"How did you do that?"

"That was beautiful!"

"Has Nathan seen you do that?"

"I'm impressed."

I lift my head and answer.

"I took lessons for 7 years until my brothers death. Thank you. No. And thank you again."

Aubrie squeals and types something on her phone. She shows it to me and I realize she took a video. And sent it to Nathan.

Great.

I get off the silks.

"Arent you guys supposed to be sleeping?"

They look at me weird.

"We dont have a bed time we arent children." Alex explains to me.

I shrug and walk over to them. I hear a ding from Aubries phone.

"Nathan is coming." Aubrie tells me.

I sigh again. Why is he coming?

I hear his step approaching me.

"Ari."

I look at him suprised to see him angry. I gently smike at him.

"Yes?"

"Why arent you doing your job?"

I frown.

"What job?"

"Your supposed to be looking out for the pack right now."

My eyes widen.

"Fist of all I choose to do that not you. You went straight to your room, so dont yell at me for not doing 'my job' when you werent down there with me. And unless you want me falling asleep on the 'job' I suggest you let me wake up."