Somewhere

A cold breeze spreads goosebumps up my arms as I step outside. The stars are no longer in the sky and clouds replace them. Today is the first day the temperature has dropped below freezing, the forecast is calling for snow tommorow and I couldnt be more excited. Snow has a magical element about it. I love how it looks like its covering the world around me with a crisp white blanket.

Walking down the porch and into the grass I cant help but notice the crunch of grass covered in frost on my bare feet.  Another breeze makes my hair lift swirl around my face. I shiver a little and cross my arms. A coat covers my shoulders and the smell of pine overtaking my senses.

"Why are you out here without a coat on? You could freeze. "

I roll my eyes and look up at him. His hair is messy from sleep and a lazy grin takes over his lips.

"I'm a werewolf, my body is warmer then most."

He shrugs and mumbles a witty remark. I zip up the jacket and hold it closer to me as another breeze sweep the leaves off the ground and into the air. A smile plays on my lips as I lift my hands, the wind obeys my orders and leaves lift with it. Suddenly, I throw my hands above my air and the leaves fly around Nathan and I. A giggle escapes me as a yellow leaf lands on his head. His eyes look up and he frowns in annoyance resulting in me giggling more. In this moment I loose myself in the joy, just enjoying the carefree feeling. A feeling that should be felt more often. A hand wraps around my waist and I am pulled into Nathan. I breath in his sent and sigh. A chuckle escapes his lips.

"Did you just sniff me love?"

I bury my face into his chest, my checks burning with a blush that always seems to be there when he is around.

In life I have learned something:

At some point happiness must end.

That lesson comes into play now.

"Alpha! Luna! We got a message!"

We rush in the door and into the office. A large TV screen shows an image. And what it says makes my heart drop.

We killed your brother. Your mate is next.

I dont break down in tears. I dont have a panic attack.

Nobody has time for that.

Anger flows through my veins, not only did the writer of the note kill my brother he just threatened to kill my mate. I close my eyes as my wolf begs to be let out, I put all of my focus into staying in control. Taking a deep breath, I slowly open my eyes.

Everyone is looking at me. Wating for me to blow up, to explode. Some are holding onto the heavy tables and the doors, afraid that my element might come out and play with them.

"Jason, Track the message. Ace, call the most loyal pack we have in case of an attack or we want to attack. When you are done report back to me."

They nod and I turn to Nathan.

"I'm going to go get dressed, meet me in the kitchen 15 minutes from now."

He grins at me and whispers in my ear.

"You should take control more often."

My eyes widen at his flirty voice and I blush slightly again. I playfully smack his chest and walk upstairs to the room. I pick out a comfy but professional outfit.

Sorry, I'm not going to wear a dress everyday

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen. Nathan turns to me and a plate of sliced fruit and 2 pancakes sit on the plate.

"Thank you. I was starving." My mind goes into overdrive when I eat. Why has the killer come for Nathan and not me? Why is he targeting everyone else? Who is he?

I swallow the panic with a piece of watermelon and take a calming breath. When I look over at Nathan I realize he isnt there. I immediately stand up and look around. He isnt in the living room or the office. I knock on every bathroom door with no luck. I run upstairs and burst through the door.

There stands Nathan pulling on a long sleeved navy polo. I put my hands over my heart trying to get it to slow. When I open my eyes Nathan is right in front of me. He kisses my cheeck and I lean into him.

"I wont let him get you without a fight."

"I know princess. I know. I'm not going anywhere though. I'm going to stay right here with you and the little ones."

I nod against him and rub my stomach. A kiss lands upon my head as soon as Jason calls us downstairs. Nathan wraps his hand in mine and we walk downstairs.

"The message was sent from 7826 kinley road in Olympia Washington."

(Not a real adress. I looked it up just to be sure.)

My face pales and I realize that was my old address.

"I know where that is. I used to live there."

My voice is barley audible as everyone looks at me in suprise.

"What are we wating for then?"

I turn to Nathan and frown.

"I would be going Nathan. Not you. You would stay here with the best warriors around you at all times with the Delta. Ace? We have a jet dont we? Can we use that to get there. Bring a few warriors with us?"

He looks at Nathan nervously, but one look from me seemed to help him make up his mind. I turn to look at Nathan and he is fuming. He glares down at me and I feel genuinely suprised. He is rarely ever mad at me.

"I took control. You said I should do it more."

My voice comes out defensive which wasnt what I wanted.

"I never said to control my life. It should be my descion if I go or not."

I use my element to lift myself up so I am eye to eye with him.

"Listen here Nathan. I'm not controlling you. If you wanted to leave you could, but I'm trying to protect you. He killed my brother and he will kill you. And I dont want my mother, brother, and your blood on my hands. It would be my fault if you died and I dont want you to die. So please just stay here once. Once we get this guy you can do whatever you want. I'm sure everyone would agree."

I look around and everyone hesitantly nods. I grin in satisfaction and Nathan is scowling.

I set myself back on the ground and I walk towards the stairs knowing Nathan is watching me. I sway my hips a little and I hear him growl. Holding in my laugh I run up the stairs to pack.

***A/N***

Hey everyone! Shes gaining confidence!

What is going to happen?

Give me a 👍 if you like this chapter. Also, I should be updating soon! I have an idea so I'm excited.

What if I were to make everyone in all of my books meet? So that would mean:

Asteria from 'Be careful what you wish for',

And

Alice from 'An angel in demons clothing'

Let me know! Your awsome! Thanks for reading!