Miss you

3 weeks later

Sleep is a blessing. It comes 3 hours a day at most. The rest of the time is spent tending to a crying baby, worrying, or taking care of the whole werewolf world. When she was born, Nathan left. I havent seen him since. His mother came by and helped me make the nursery. We picked a smaller room in the house, but we plan to move her into a bigger room when she gets older.

 We picked a smaller room in the house, but we plan to move her into a bigger room when she gets older

My eyes droop as I'm eating my salad, I'm about to fall asleep when I hear Indie start crying.

I groan and walk upstairs. Its 9 in the evening. It's to late for this. I pick her up out of the crib and hold her. Her cried get louder, like it isnt me she wants. I sit down on the chair and try rocking her, but she gets louder. She starts flailing around and I get up and go to the table on the side of the room. Grabbing a baby blanket, I swaddle her and pick her back up. She calms down for a secound and I sigh in relief. My relief is ruined when something hits the wall beside me. When she burst out crying, so do I.

"I miss him too baby. I miss him so much." I sob with her and I didnt notice when the door opens.

"Ari?" I quickly try and suppress my sobs as Nathan's mom and mystery boy, who's name is Xander walks in.

"Y- yeah?"

Nathan's mom speaks up. "You need some sleep sweetie."

I tried so hard, but I couldnt stop the next sob as it escapes me. Then another one and another one. I hold my crying baby closer and start rocking. Trying to comfort both of us.

"I ca- can't sle- sleep. All she does is cry f- for him."

She leans down and she looks into my eyes. A Lone tear slips down her cheek and I start hyperventilating. She takes my baby from me and I bring my knees to my chest and cry.

"Honey, take a deep breath. I know it's hard. But you need some sleep. Okay?"

I nod my head, small hiccups escaping my lips. My legs shake when I start to walk and Xander is there. He comes up to me and picks me up.

For a secound my wolf comes out and whispers mate but I shove her back down. He brings me to my room and he lifts the blankets. I get in the bed and mutter a thankyou. He nods his head and walks out. I close my eyes and try to stop crying. I eventually cried myself to sleep.

Nathan's POV

I watch that Xander man pick her up and lay her in the bed. I have always hated seeing her crying, now there is nothing I can do. She pushed me away. Shes angry that I left her, and now I have to wait to get her back. I know Xander is her 2nd mate, something I almost wished she didnt have. The only reason she still gets out of bed in the morning is because her wolf is subconsciously living for him. Her sobs finally quiet down into hiccups and finally she falls asleep. The moon goddess has claimed me as her knight. I am head of the spiritual military.

A darkness has swept over the universe and it is my job to fix it. I should be able to go back to earth is 2 years. 2 years that Xander will sweep her of her feet. 2 years of my baby's life missed. I do have Ashton though. He is already a kid because in the spiritual world your spirit is your age. His is 6. He watches over his sister everyday, like a guardian angel.

Ari's mate has secrets. More then I ever had. Ari never found out how my parents died or how my brother is after the gang queen Alice. He truly disgust me. She dosent know how many people I killed before I met her. She changed me in so many ways.

Ari's door opens and I snap back to attention. My mother stands there smiling at Ari with sympathy. I know my mom will take care of her. She is a kind soul.

"Nathan!"

I turn to the moon goddess and I immediately kneel.

"Now now my child, you know that isnt necessary."

I rise to my feel once more and I look at her.

"What message do you have to deliver to me?"

She kindly smiles. "I have 2. The first one being we will attack the enemy in 3 days time. The secound one being, Ariella will be okay. It might take her awhile, but I have taken some of the burden off of her soul. For it was to much to bear for one person."

I nod gratefully. "If you dont mind me asking, will she still be my mate when I go back down there?"

She nods her head once more. "Yes. You will still be mates. I see many paths for Ari. One being that she dosent choose you, even if her wolf will want you. If you still choose to be her mate even with this knowledge I will let you. I will grant you 2 wishes, for you are my head warrior."

My eyes widden. Anything I want? "I have ready made up my mind goddess."

"What are your 2 wishes my child?"

"I want Ari to still be my mate when I return. My secound wish is for her to choose me instead of Xander."

She presses her lips in a thin line. "The secound wish you have chosen may not be possible. Ari has power, enough power to overrule my wish. She will think you are the better choice at the very least. When you go back Ari might be upset you took away her choice and reject you. Are you willing to take that chance?"

"She will never find out. I am still willing to take the chance."

***A/N***

Hey everyone! So what do you think?

Was Nathan in the right to take away her choice?

Any thoughts on Xander?

Thanks for reading! Stay awesome!