"Don't touch my hoodie!"

Ariella's POV

I lay in this stupid hospital bed trying to ignore my thoughts. The hours I spent in a room identical to this one, watching his heart rate slowly decline, his skin become more grey,  and the life support breathing for him.

His lungs collapsed, he suffocated.

He was poisoned, he couldnt fight it.

He lost to much blood, his blood type was rare.

He would have been in a coma for years, his body went through to much trauma.

Me? I was bitten once. On my wrist. Sure it hit a vein, sure I bled alot, I could have saved him. If I didnt pass out.

When he died my mom went off the deep end. Rarely ever home at night and when she was she smelled like alcohol and her clothes were wrinkled. She didnt even show up in court.

My dad? He pretty much ignores me.

Why did I turn to a hoodie? Its warm, keeps the cold away. It hides my face, the one I'm ashamed of. It also hides my bite mark.

I stare at the wall. Trying to paint something on it with my mind. I have to stay for another hour then I can get dressed and leave. My dads picking me up. My legs itch to run, and my stomach begs for fries.

Mystery boy, who's name is actually Nathan has stayed with me. He went down to get some coffee. I pulled his hood closer to me. Inhaling his smell. He smelled of pine. It's not overwhelming. It's sort of sweet, and if I try hard enough I can imagine I'm in a forest.

He came back in and handed me a water bottle. As soon as I can get my exercise clothes on I am going to run.

"Thank you Nathan."

"Anytime princess."

"Why princess?"

"Why not?"

I sighed.

I was taking a sip of my water enjoying the coldness when he asked me a question I wanted to tell him the answer too.

"Why do you always wear a hoodie?"

"Why not?" I smirked satisfied with my answer.

"What are you hiding? There has to be a reason, and a good one too."

My smirk dissapeared.

"Its a good one alright." Why does he care? Why does he want to know so bad?

"I'll find out eventually."

I shrugged trying to seem unbothered.
Before he could say anything else the nurse walked in.

"Your fever broke, so you should be able to go!" She smiled as I gave a thumbs up. Then she walked away.

Nathan and I sat in a comfortable silence until my dad came in.

"Hurry up and change I have to go to a meeting."

I shirk down a little. He wont even look at me. I grabbed the black halter and leggings with the Mintish color hoodie. He also gave me a phone and my mouth dropped wide open.
"Thank you so much dad!"

"Just get dressed."

I watch Nathan and my dad frown at eachother as I walk to the bathroom

I watch Nathan and my dad frown at eachother as I walk to the bathroom. I put on my shirt and leggings and looked at my hair. Is it just me or did it grow an inch? Weird. I brushed it with my fingers and wrapped my hairband from my wrist into my hair, creating a ponytail.

I pull the soft fabric of the hoodie over my head. I pull the hood on, grab Nathan's hoodie and walked out of the bathroom.

My dad and Nathan looked at me and smiled. It reminded me of my first prom. I got asked by 3 diffrent people. My dad and my boyfriend at the time watched me come down the stairs in a beautiful dress. My mom took pictures and my brother came down next dressed in a tux. I laughed at him, he looked so uncomfortable.

A tear fell on the ground and I wiped my eyes. Angry i let them see me cry.

I pushed past them and out through the door. I shoved my hands through my pockets and walked as fast as I could to the elevators.

My brother and I? People said we were inseparable. And it was true, we were together since the beginning. He was my twin. I was the oldest by 5 minutes.

The elevator opened and I bumped into someone and electricity shot through me. I jumped to the side and turned. I felt a fire ignite in me. It burned through my veins burning consuming. I groaned and walked in.

"Ari? Are you okay?"

I groaned again trying to get rid of the heat. My hoodie needs to come off.
My brain is screaming at me to take it off, I cant through.

"Ari, you need to take off your jacket. It will help okay?"

I shook my head like a crazy person. The elevator hit the bottom level. And I stumbled out. Jogging to the doors. Begging to breath in that fresh air. The cold air. I stepped outside, it didnt help. I saw an ambulance stop, people ran around and opened the doors. They wheeled the person out. It knocked the wind out of me. It was a boy, as old as me. He looked like my brother. Tall with brown hair. I fell to my knees. It burned. So bad. It felt like my bones are going to snap. I needed to take off my hoodie. That would be logical. But no, I push myself back up gritting my teeth and kept walking to my dads car. The pain is crippling.

"Make it stop Nathan! Please!"

I turned back towards him and he was right behind me.

"Princess I can help if you take off your hoodie. It's the only way I can help. I know your beautiful underneath that hoodie. You have no reason to be insecure."

I never I shouldnt, but he said he could help. I unzipped my hoodie with shaking hands.

Nathan's POV

She was going to change. She needed to cool down in fast. I dont know what triggered it, but her eyes changed colors.

She unzips her hoodie, almost hyperventilating

Her hair is in a pont tail. A few whisps framing her face. Her arms are exposed by the lack of sleeves. Her knees are shaking and I ran to pick her up throwing the hoodie over my shoulder. I run to my car her dad screaming at me to stop.

I turn and look at him.

"Sir! Your daughter needs better medical treatment! Please follow me, all will be explained."

I used my commanding voice. His eyes glaze over and hes speeding behind me. I look over at my mate. Shes shaking and sweating.

"Nathan? A- am I dying?"

"No princess you are just about to start living."