I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 9

Chase POV

Her soft breathing rustled across my neck, sending goosebumps all over my body. I had been carrying her on my back for about fifteen minutes, and although my back was aching just a little bit, I wanted to stay like this for the whole day... or maybe even forever.

At first, she had a long argument with her sister, debating whether or not she was well enough to limp. And sure enough, she wasn't. A simple "demonstration" proved that she was in no condition to walk on her own.

It took a few death stares and stubborn whines for her to get on my back, but finally after a few minutes, she gave in at last. Her body felt stiff at first but as time passed and her body slowly relaxed next to mine.

After a long walk up a hill, a stunning view of a beach was revealed before our very eyes. The sea glimmered from the penetrating rays of the sun and there was a faint, gentle sound of waves crashing on the seashore. The rest of the others quickly ran towards the sand, throwing their belongings on the ground and screaming like little children.

Alexis POV

"You can put me down now." I said, my voice sounding blunt despite the unexplainable nervousness in my system.

"Where?" he asked, slightly turning his head but not fully. I jerked my head to the right.

"Here."

"But the sand is hot," he laughed. "I can feel it on my feet, do you want your bum to burn?"

I thought to myself for a few seconds, and realized that perhaps he was right. I cleared my throat before speaking again, disguising my dismay at losing the argument. "Right. Well let's go walk over to where the others are. There's some chairs near the volleyball net. I can watch you guys while you play."

We headed towards the crowd of people. People stared but I really didn't care. His hands felt warm against my bare legs and I could feel my cheeks flushing.

I wore a two piece Juicy Couture bathing suit. I admit, it did look quite good on me, otherwise I wouldn't have worn it. It felt awkward being piggybacked half naked. Well, he was half naked too. He was wearing swimming shorts (thank God he didn't wear swimming trunks, or else I would have melted right then and there) and he wasn't wearing a tank top. In otherwords, abs galore once again. But I was careful not to stare at them. I learned my lesson.

Well atleast there's no soup this time.

Chase flopped me down onto a REALLY warm chair, which caused me to suddenly jolt upwards. He sensed something was wrong, so he briskly grabbed my arms and pulled me upwards, supporting me with his tight grip.

"What's wrong?" he crinkled his brow, his hand still wrapped tightly around my arm.

"Oh umm, the seat is kinda.." I paused, glaring at the chair. Like seriously, who glares at inanimate objects? Well, I do. "Hot. And I'm wearing a... bikini bottom."

My statement caused him to focus on my practically panties bikini bottoms, resulting in my cheeks reddening. "What are you doing?" I yelled in a whisper, furious at his lingering eyes.

He looked up, dumbstruck for a second. "Oh, uh- sorry, what was that again?" there was a smug smile on his face. Typical male.

Snapping his finger, he spoke again, "Ohhhh! Right, hold on, I'll be right back." he said before releasing my arm and setting me carefully down on the hot sand. Wow, he was pretty .... gentleman-ish. Wait, is that even a word?

"Where is he going?" I whispered to myself, crossing my arms as I watched the others sort out the teams for the volleyball game.

A saw a figure running towards me, and I held up my hand above my eyes and squinted to see who it was.

"Hey, Lexi," Monica smiled, toying with the volleyball in her hand. "How you feelin'? Sorry for dragging you here, but it just doesn't feel right leaving you at the campsite by yourself." she sat down beside me and set the volleyball down between her legs. "So are you guys getting along just fine? Again, sorry. He was the only one strong enough to carry you."

I would've been fine at the campsite by myself. I wanted to say, but instead, like always, I hid my real thoughts. "It's okay. And were getting along fine. We're not friends though. Just acquaintances. And did I mention he was the one who-"

Chase interrupted our conversation, and Monica abruptly stood up. "Gotta go sis, the birthday girl has to win the game!" she winked at me- or Chase? Before letting out a defeaning cheer and running towards the other players.

Instead of helping me up, Chase headed for the chair and set a towel (probably his) on it, smoothing it over before turning his attention back to me.

"It's all good now," his lips formed a thin line. He came closer to me, and gently pulled me up by my shoulders. His touch sent jolts all over my body. I supported myself with one foot, while the other one hung in the air.

He gracefully guided me to the chair, making me lose my senses temporarily, and that... I have no explanation for. My heart thumped violently against my chest while I thanked him, "Thanks, I didn't know you were quite a gentleman." I said, but I got conscious after realizing it may have sounded a bit flirtatious.

It wasn't something I could deny though, the fact that he was different from most guys I go out with. Most of them didn't even bother pulling out the chair for me, nor opening the car door. It was rare for me to even meet someone who opened the door for me. But of course, all of the guys I met up with had the same motives- to get in my pants. Too bad none ever did, because rude men definitely did not deserve to swipe my v-card.

Chase let out a soft laugh, before running his hand through his glistening black hair. There wasn't much hair though, since he had gotten an army type hair cut. I must admit, it made him look even more.... manlier. He pointed to the bunch of people at the sand court, gesturing that he had to leave."I gotta go... don't forget to cheer for me," he winked before running off. That simple wink was enough to send my heart to the race track.

Chase POV

I ran off to meet with Monica and my friends. I sighed in relief, happy that my heartbeat was now a steady pace. Those moments with Alexis sent my heart on a wild rampage. I was definitely trying my best to be nice to her, trying to sway her from her first impression of me- the pervert who spilled wine on her shirt.

Well, really, it was her sister's plan. Though I'm not sure if the things happening right now are related to that. But it didn't matter. I got to spend time with her.

What was it that she said? Something about a gentleman? The drumming in my chest was way too loud for me to focus. Nonetheless, I love this day. So much.