I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 12

------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys! This chapter switches POV alot so please be careful not to get confused! And this messy POV switching stuff is only for this chapter because I wanted to show you guys how they were feeling! 

Vote, Comment, Fan :D

------------------------------------

Alexis POV

My phone vibrated, causing me to suddenly jerk up while sitting on a seat on the bus. The lady sitting beside me gave me a weird look.

I slid my phone up and saw that I had one new text message. Who could this be? I went into my inbox and noticed an unfamiliar number. I opened the message.

"hey, its be chase, just thought id say hi to u. btw i got ur number from monica. hows your day?"

Suddenly, my heartbeat was faster than normal. It's been a week since the camping trip. Finally! I stared at my phone for a few seconds before snapping back to reality. My head went into panic attack. Oh my God! He just texted me! What do I do?

One side of my brain yelled, "Text him back you idiot!", while the other screamed "Wait a few minutes! You don't want to be clingy do you?" 

Chase POV 

My body relaxed after pressing 'send'. I didn't want to seem like a stalker but I really wanted to talk to Alexis. I've been going crazy these past few days. 

I looked at my phone, anxiously awaiting a reply. There was none. I slid my iPhone into my pocket as the light turned green and I zoomed down the street in my new BMW convertible.

Alexis POV

I decided to text him back after 15 minutes. Nothing's wrong with a little hard to get right? I kept glancing at my phone to check what time it was and when the full fifteen minutes had passed, I went on to reply to his message.

"hey! my days going fine, hbu?"

I pressed send and took a deep breath. Wow, I was way to excited. I pressed send just in time to notice that the bus had stopped at my stop. I headed for Starbucks where I was currently working for the meantime while I studied.

It was going to be a long shift.

Chase POV

My phone beeped, which made my chest thump so loudly that I could barely hear the traffic. I typed in my code and checked my messages. A smile fell on my lips as I read Alexis' text message.

"hey! my days going fine, hbu?"

Thank God she replied. I thought she wasn't going to. Or was I just anxious? I sank into my car seat for a second, wondering what I should say. Should I ask her out for coffee or something?

"same, im on my way to the office. say.. what do you think abt going out for lunch?"

I erased the last sentence, scared of being rejected. What if she said no? Then what will I say?

I decided to risk it. Asking won't hurt right? And if she can't today, then I can ask her again on some other day. I re-typed my message, then pressed send. I held my phone in my hand and closed my eyes firmly, hoping that she would say yes.

Suddenly, I heard a honk coming from behind. My eyes snapped open and I looked at my side view mirrors. There was a man fingering me. Damn.

I slammed on the accelerate pedal and headed for work.

Alexis POV

While I was walking to work, my phone vibrated again. I took my phone out of my jacket pocket and saw that Chase had replied.

"same, im on my way to the office. say.. what do you think abt going out for lunch?"

I smiled to myself as butterflies flew around in my stomach. OH MYGOSH!! He just practically asked me out! I slowly exhaled before pressing 'reply'.

"sure thing. how bout red robins?"

By the time I pressed 'send', my heart was beating faster than a cheetah running for its food. I tried to steady my nerves as I entered the coffee shop. 

It was going to be a long shift till lunchtime...

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 13 Preview:

"CHASE! STOP! WATCH OUT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I curled my head down and closed my eyes.

My ears went numb from the defeaning honk coming from the truck. I braced myself for impact and winced as Chase threw himself on top of me and pulled me into his chest, trying to protect me. I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder as I was swallowed into absolute blackness. 

 ----------------------------------------------