I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 14

Alexis POV

"Lexi?" a voice called.

I struggled to lift my eyelids. Why does my body feel so painful? Where am I? Slowly, I began to flutter my eyes. open My vision was blurry, but it gradually cleared, revealing my sobbing sister crying in front of me.

I couldn't bring myself to ask questions. I couldn't remember anything, and I winced from the unbearable pain coming from my head.

"Alexis?" she lightly shook my arm. Ouch! "Oh my God, are you okay?" she said, her voice worried. "How are you feeling?!" she spoke in between silent sobs.

"I-I'm fine." I responded, my voice scratchy. My eyes scanned the white, bland room. It smelled like a hospital. Hospital?

Suddenly, realization struck me like a lighting. Chase... Chase! I hastily sat up, longing to run to him, wanting to check if he was fine. But I couldn't. I was hooked to all sorts of tubing, and needles which pumped liquid into me. There was a bag of clear stuff hanging overhead.

"Where's Chase?!" I panicked, while attempting to remove the unfamiliar things hanging on my arms.

"STOP IT!" Monica yelled furiously. She took a hold of my hands and pinned them down, as she whispered 'shh' into my ears. "Careful, Lexi. He's fine. Now just rest, please. Just lie down." she said calmly as she began to lower me back into a laying position.

I gasped for air while tears trickled down my cheeks. Where's Chase? I want to see him...

Suddenly, there was a loud commotion just outside in the hallway.

"Let me in! I will fucking have you arrested if you don't let me in!" the woman yelled, holding her bag up in the air as if threatening to chuck it at someone. Her long, wavy, blonde hair was scattered all over her face, but you could still tell she was a beauty. "Where is he?!" she yelled.

The nurses and civilians crowded around her, trying to get her to calm down. I watched through my open door as the woman was taken to a room beside mine. When the noises faded, I sank back down to my bed, waiting for my sister to come back while she was getting soup. Damn, I was so hungry. But more importantly, I was worried about Chase. All I could remember was a truck... coming towards the car...

Instantly, pain travelled to my brain and I clutched my head, putting pressure on it to reduce the aching. My sister came in just on time. She pulled me into a tight embrace and caressed my back gently, rocking me back and forth. It made me feel so much better. And before I knew it, I drifted into sleep despite my hurting body, wishing for all of this to end.

-------------------------------------

After a short nap, I woke up to blurry voices in the distance. Was someone in my room? Suddenly, I heard the name 'Chase'. I firmly closed my eyes and listened to the conversation.

"How is he, doc?" I heard my sister ask.

"Well, right now he's under intensive care. However, good news is that he is showing very good signs of quick recovery. As of now, we have no idea when he will wake up from his coma."

-------------------------------------

Hey guys <33333 just wanted to let you know there is going to be a new cast member verrrrry soooon! Hint: she was in this chapter! :) Hold on to your panties girlies (and maybe guys)

Comment, Vote, Fan

Muah, xoxo kayla

-------------------------------------