I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 38

Chase POV

"Shit, shit, shit!" I repeatedly slammed my palms on the steering wheel as I almost cried in frustration. My car was parked in Bowing Park's parking lot and I sat in my drivers seat, looking around frantically in case Alexis came. I waited for 15 minutes.

But she never came.

I really thought she loved me.

I sank back into my car seat, closing my eyes firmly and taking a deep breath. What will I do now? What's the point in living? She was the only reason I bothered to wake up... I'd waited so long for this and it was all just a silly fucking sham.

With a heavy heart, I turned the car keys and sped out of the parking lot, earning death glares from parents with little children.

After about five minutes of driving in a road I wasn't quite familiar with, the traffic suddenly slowed drastically. What's going on? Was there a car crash or something?

I noticed the cars pulling up to the side as sirens blared in the distance. There was a car crash. I pulled into the side and watched my side mirrors as the ambulance got closer and closer. The wailing of the sirens got louder and finally, the ambulance passed me.

After about a few minutes, I passed by a restaurant, where there were police tapes on the other side of the road. There were ambulances parked near the sidewalk, where  the paramedics were frantically trying to perform cpr on a woman on a stretch bed. I frowned. Another hit and run? That's the second this month.

I drove away from the depressing scene and made my way home. Maybe I should go back to the park. What if she was just late?

But I did give her a bloody month to think about it.

Monica POV

My phone rang and I crinkled my brows as I struggled to get up from the couch. Who dares disturb my nap?!

I rolled off the loveseat, falling onto the floor and hitting my head on the table. I cursed at the inanimate objects as I crawled towards the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, this is Maria calling from Boston General Hospital."

"Y-Yes? May I help you?"

"Could I please speak to the head of the household?"

"Sorry, he's not here at the moment. Could I take a message?" I began to get a dark feeling in my body, causing my pulse to accelerate.

"We have just brought in a female, we believe her name is Alexis-"

My eyes widened and my stomach twisted in fear. "What?! What happened? Why?"

"She was one of the victims in a hit and run accident that happened approximately forty five minutes ago," I tightened my grip on the phone. My throat began to tighten. "She is in critical condition and she has been put in the intensive care facility where she will be monitored until we have determ-"

"Oh my god, oh my god! How is she?!" I yelled, tears forming in my eyes.

"Ma'am she is in critical condition, we are in desperate need of blood an-"

"I-I'm on my way!" I slammed the phone on the receiver and sprinted out the door, grabbing the keys off the table and not bothering to lock the door.

------------------------

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally arrived at the hospital. I ran towards the front desk.

"I need to see my sister," I practically shouted as hot tears continued to stream down my face.

"What is her name ma'am?"

"Alexis Williams." my voice was raspy from crying.

She stood up from her seat and pointed to the left, "Go left and when you see the elevator, turn right. The ICU will be at the end of the h-"

I didn't bother letting her finish her sentence. I ran down the halls with a speed I didn't know I had, grasping the walls lightly as I turned. I began to sob louder when I saw Eric sitting on a chair on the side, bowing down as his hands held his head up.

"Eric!" I cried as I ran towards him. He stood up, catching me in an embrace. "Oh, god, how is she?!"

"I-I don't know. I'm sorry, I almost had her hand... but it slipped away and it was too late." he said while looking down, the brim of his eyes glimmering from tears.

"How is she? Will she be okay?"

"Yes. She will fight through it. I know she will."

"I have to call Chase." I hastily took out my cellphone but Eric suddenly grabbed it.

"No."

"What? Who are you to tell me what to do?" I glared at him, "He has the right to know!"

"No, Monica! He's the reason she's in here right now! If she hadn't tried to run across the street to meet him then she would be perfectly fine right now!"

My forehead creased. How was this his fault? "What do you mean?"

"I don't know the details. Let's just wait for the doctor, Monica. Come on." he tugged on my elbow, leading me to a chair. I leaned on his shoulder as I continued to cry. Will she be okay? I know she will.

After about an hour, the doctor came out, his face filled with worry.

I quickly stood up. "How is she? Is she okay?"

"We need more blood. She lost quite a bit and she's holding on to dear life."

Tears welled up once again and I couldn't help but begin to whimper. "I will give blood."

"I will too." Eric added.

"Do you guys have the same blood type? Alexis is type O."

Damn, I was type B! "I'm type B." I replied. What kind of sister was I? I couldn't even give her blood that she needed! Why couldn't I be in her situation instead?

The doctor turned to Eric. "How about you?"

"I'm a type O." he nodded, "I'll give blood. I'll give all of it if that's what it takes."

"Come with me."

Chase POV

I sighed as I pulled into our driveway. As soon as I got out of the car, my mom came bursting out the door with the scariest frown on her face.

"WHERE IN GOD'S NAME WERE YOU!" she yelled as she came down the steps.

"None of your business." I looked down. I couldn't feel anything at the moment. It's like there was no point in anything.

"It is my business! Now, get your ass in the house. The guests have been waiting for an hour. Hurry up! Don't screw this up!"

Might as well do it. After all, Alexis didn't give a cow's ass. "Okay."