I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 19

Alexis POV

I made coffee lazily, serving it to the busy line up of customers on my queue. I sighed. It's been two weeks since I saw Chase. Wait what am I even thinking? Why would he contact me... ?

And when he called me 'Ginger Ale', I was certain only Morgan called me that... but it can't be...

"Honey, are you okay?" Cynthia asked, looking at me with a worried face.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." I lied.

"Alright, if you need anything just talk to me,"

Yeah, I need something. I need someone. Ugh, I'm so miserable.

"One decaf latte, please. No whip cream." the deep voice said. That voice seems so familiar... Oh stop it Alexis, you're hallucinating.

I looked up. I felt frozen at my spot. "Chase?"

He flashed me a cute smile before talking. "Hey. Where have you been? Your phone is always off. Have you been avoiding me?"

No, I mean kinda-yes-I-am. I didn't smile back. There was too much on my mind.

"No. I have no reason to. Unless you give me one. Who are you, Chase?" I asked in my best cold voice.

"W-What do you mean?" his eyebrows knitted as he looked at straight in the eyes. I couldn't hold his gaze any longer, so I looked away.

"When you called me 'Ginger Ale'," I paused and looked at him. "Only one person calls me that."

"I don't know what your talking about," his smile faded and a frown took its place. He looked at me one last time before turning and walking away.

I ran after him, grabbing onto his arm. "Morgan?"

My pulse accelerated as I waited for an answer. Finally after a few seconds, he turned his head, and smiled weakly. "Hey, Ginger Ale. It's me. How have you been?"

Nine years ago....(Alexis POV)

I dribbled the ball while I ran towards the net as fast as I could, dodging the opposing team as I ran. I stopped a few metres from the net, squatted a bit.... And shot the ball up in the air, closing my eyes, in fear of losing this game. There was only five seconds left...

Five... four... three... two....- BUZZZ! The ball swirled around the net seductively, before falling into it... 

I snapped my eyes open to see the scores have changed. It was now 70-68 home game. Oh my God.... We won!

I watched the rest of my teammates while they ran towards me. Oh no... I took a step back, bracing myself from their upcoming tackle. "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" 

And before I knew it, I was stuck into a powerful group hug. The cheering continued and the people on the bleachers were standing up, screaming their lungs out.

"Hold on guys! It seems we have a small surprise for our star player today!" the scorekeeper yelled into the mic.

Suddenly, the whole gym went quiet, and my teammates looked about, wondering what was in store.

I slowly slid out of the crowd, only to find Morgan standing in the middle of the gym. His skinny hands were holding a bouqet of roses. What was going on?

The scorekeeper ran across the gym and handed the microphone to Morgan. He walked towards me, stopping a few inches away and knelt on the ground.

My heartbeat was getting faster and faster. I had no idea what was going on.

"Ginger Ale, will you be my date for the junior prom night?" he flashed me a big, huge grin, and his braces shone in the light.

"Ummmm..." I stared blankly at him. There was absolutely nothing going on in my mind.

And I already had a date....

Morgan looked up at me, his eyes worried. He adjusted his huge glassesv. "Alexis?" he gave a shaky laugh as he looked into the crowd.

I swallowed. "I-I'm sorry I already have a date... " but if you asked me first, I would've chosen you... I wanted to add.

There was laughter coming from some people.. and the laughter grew louder, and louder. "NERD!" I heard one person yell. Many were laughing hysterically now, as they mouthed "loser" at Morgan. Oh no.. Why couldn't I just lie?!

I slowly shook my head, and shot him a sorry look. "I-I'm sorry..."

He got up and threw the flowers on the ground, before running out of the gym, his face streaming with tears.

"Wait!"

That was the last I saw of him....

----------------------------

Hey guys :) I hope this chapter didn't bore you too much ! Some people are curious about their past, so here it is!

xoxokayla

----------------------------