I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 28

Alexis POV

Eric brought me to his hotel suite. He gently led me to the couch. I was still crying, but this time, silently. I made no sounds. Tears just kept falling. I couldn't stop it.

"Why are you wasting your time?" Eric stood in front of me, his jaw bruised. I looked up at him, unable to answer. I might burst out in sobs.

"Hmm?" he asked again, squatting to my level, his hands on my knees.

"I-I love him... he was just eaten by jealousy." I managed to sputter out, my vision still blurred by tears. "He's not usually like this, it's just a misunderstanding." I shook my head. I know it's a misunderstanding. I need to explain to him.

Eric's expression turned sour. He looked at me intently, almost like he was glaring. "Are you blind?! He called you a fucking whore!" He yelled.

"He was just angry!" I stood up and looked down at him. "If you brought me here just to yell at me, then I'm leaving!" I marched towards the door, my purse in hand. Eric grasped my arm.

"Why are you being like this?!" His face was inches away from mine and I could tell he was angry. Why is he even angry? "Stop being stupid, Alexis! Look at me! I can treat you better!"

I laughed sarcastically, my tears still trickling down my cheeks. I had no time to wipe them away. "Treat me better? Did you forget that you broke up with me, huh? Should I remind you that you left me just for your damn career?"

"I know, but I've been miserable all this time..." his face softened and his hands cupped my face. "I realized that I can't be okay without you..." We were both breathing hard.

"Well you're too late." I said bluntly and turned around. I stopped. "Very late."

Suddenly, I felt his arms embrace me from behind. I closed my eyes, knowing this was wrong. Very wrong. "I- I love Chase. So much that I can't open my heart to anyone else but him." What I was saying was the truth. I can feel it in my heart. His embrace meant nothing to me.

His head was cradled on my shoulder, "Can't we just try?" he begged, his grip on my body getting tighter.

"No. Because you're too late, Eric."

-------------------------------------

Chase POV

I repeatedly hit my steering wheel, venting my anger on the poor thing. I couldn't bring myself to cry. I was too angry. I can't stand seeing the woman I love with another guy. I may be possesive, but it's how I am. It's how I was programmed to work.

I suddenly remembered that he was a business client that I had met up with a few days ago. I quickly took out my wallet, nearly ripping the thing in half from my rage. I took out a business card.

Eric Fuentel

Blaineford Industries

229-671-9855

#635 Shangri-La's Hotel and Suites

I will kill you. I swear to God. I turned on my engine and zoomed out of the parking lot, with only one thing in mind. Teach that asshole a lesson.

--------------------------------------------

Alexis POV

I broke out of his embrace. I was about to turn the knob when he spoke again.

"Fine." His voice was raspy, "I won't force you. But I'll always be here."

There was utter silence for a minute.

"I think it's best you stay for a while. I'll make you some tea."

"O-Okay." I returned to the couch and sat down, my mind still in a mess after what had happened. I thought I would've ran out of tears by now. Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," I heard Eric say from the mini-kitchen. I stood up, curious to see who was at the door.

The door opened, revealing a smirking Chase at the entryway. Chase's fist smashed into Eric's face. He fell head first into the ground. I couldn't help but scream. How did Chase know we were here?

His eyes turned to me. He looked at me in shock and I was trapped in his intense gaze.

"W-What are you doing here?" he said, his eyes burning into mine. He slowly walked towards me, roughly grabbing me by the arm. "I'm asking you!" He yelled. I was scared to say anything. He was fuming in anger. I merely looked up at him.

He smirked while shaking his head. He let go of my arm, almost shoving me. "We're done." I gasped, unable to handle my feelings. I don't want to be done.... My tears kept trickling down my cheeks.

"Let's talk about it, please, this is a huge misunderstanding. I'm here bec-"

"Save it Alexis. I have no time for bullshitters who cheat on me. You women are all the same." His expression was cold as he turned around and left the room.