I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 15

Alexis POV

It's been two weeks since the horrible accident that put Chase in a coma. I've been out of the hospital for days, but Chase remained there. He still hadn't woken up. Or so I thought. While I was busy researching about everything on comas, I received a phone call from Dr. Fargen.

I looked at the unfamiliar number on my screen. Usually I wouldn't pick up, but I had a feeling this was an urgent call. I was right.

"Hello?" the man on the other line said.

"Hello?"

"This is Mr. Fargen from Los Angeles General Hospital. May I speak to Monica?" he asked.

I clutched onto the phone tightly. "Sorry she's not here at the moment, may I take a message?"

"Well, I just wanted to let her know that Chase had woken up two days ago. But he needed to have plenty of rest so we only notified his family. "

"T-That's great!" I paused, "Is he taking visitors right now?"

"Yes, you may come visit but only until 8 tonight."

"Okay, thanks Doc."

Practically slamming the phone on the receiver, I grabbed my wallet, phone and bus ticket and headed for the door. I ran frantically towards the bus stop, which was about two blocks away, uncaring of the stares from the cars passing by.

The bus came exactly as my feet came to a halt, and I got on it, gasping for air. Many looked at me, and some even continued to stare. But I didn't care. I needed to see Chase.

I arrived at the hospital just before five. As I was walking in, a lady wearing a dress and stilletos collided violently against my shoulder, causing me to fall onto the hard floor.

"Watch out you dumbass!" she hissed at me while glaring.

"I-I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there," I said as I stood up and brushed myself off. "I was in a hurry so I wasn't paying att-"

"Shut up. I don't need your dumb explanation. Just get out of my damn way will you? Stupid poor bitch." she put on her sunglasses and headed out the door.

What the hell? She was the one who ran into me! Anger crept up my body, and before I knew it, I was walk-running towards her. I hastily grabbed her arm causing her to turn around. We exchanged death glares. 

"Hey, you. Do you have any manners? I apologized already. So learn to accept it. And don't call me a poor bitch! I may not be rich but atleast I have respect and love. What do you have? A couple of designer bags and expensive cars? Puh-lease. Those pricey things can't buy you the love and respect that you're probably lacking. And you know what else you're missing? Proper upbringing."

She brought up her arm as if she was about to slap me. She glared at me. But before it could make any contact with my face, I grabbed her forearm. "Don't you ever, ever touch me. Got that?"

The woman scoffed, whipping her hair dramatically. Her face turned calm and she angled her head, putting on a fake smile. "Don't worry. I don't like touching dirty things anyways." she turned around with a smirk on her face and started walking down the hallway, her heels clicking at every step.

Suddenly a phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Yeah, yeah. I just visited Chase."

"Okay. Bye."

Chase? My eyebrows knitted as I turned around, wondering who it was that was just talking on the phone. It sounded like.... a woman.... like the one she just had a fight with..

Wait, she knew him? And if so, who was she? I don't recall him ever saying he had a sister.... and she was blonde while Chase was brunette...

Was there something I didn't know about?

Chase POV

My chest was still beating fast after my encounter with Cassandra. I haven't seen her in so long... She was still gorgeous. For some reason my heart was jumping for joy the moment I saw her come through the door. No... no it can't be joy... it has to be hatred... 

Shut up, Chase! You don't have feelings for her anymore! She cheated on you! The one you like is Alexis!

I sank my head into my pillow and firmly closed my eyes, recalling to our heated argument just minutes ago. Why was I feeling this way? It's been months since I got over her... Or did I?

Just then, the door suddenly flew open. I opened my eyes and saw Alexis standing at the doorway, her face masked with worry and a faint smile lingering on her lips. Instantly, all my thoughts about Cassandra were overshadowed by Alexis' presence. I sat up and gave her a welcoming grin, before opening my arms to catch her in an embrace.