I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 26

Hey guys, I posted two chapters today because this chapter will just be a build up for the next one. It might be boring, sorry! But it will set the next chapter up :) Enjoy! <3

Kaylaxox

------------------------------------

Alexis POV

I slyly slid through the crowd on the sidewalk, making my way towards Eric. Finally, after getting my toes stepped on a couple of times, I was standing in front of Eric. My ex-boyfriend. Oh yeah, did I mention that he broke up with me?

Nearly out of breath, I found the strength to bring my hand up and give him a quick wave. "Hey," I shot him a smile. "It's me!" If we were going to part on good terms, I need to start by being nice. Genuinely.

For a second, he was staring at me. I felt kind of weird because the way he was looking was so intense... so intent that it was like I'd died and came back to life.

"Wow, you look great," his eyes were wide as he gestured at my body.

Unconsciously I looked down, unable to see how much I'd changed in a year. "Thanks, you do too." Now, that was not a lie. If his body was toned before, it was even more toned now. His arms were crossed, causing his muscle veins to protrude out like crazy, and the way his shirt was so tight... it was so...

But no, really. His shirt hugged his perfect figure, giving me a sneak peak at what was underneath- probably hard rock abs!

I gulped at my thoughts. What am I thinking? Stop being so inappropriate! Geez, Alexis.

"So, let's go? Where do you want to go?" he cocked his head to the side, his pearly whites glistening in the sunlight.

"Hmmmm..." I pursed my lips as I thought of good places to go, "How about Moxy's?"

"All right, get in."

He walked to the passengers side and opened the door for me. I hopped into the car seat with a smile on my face. Well at least he was still a gentleman.

As he turned the engine on, he turned towards me. He inhaled, like he was going to say something, but he didn't. Instead, he shot me a grin and turned his focus onto the busy road.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chase POV

I quickly signed out of my office, excited to surprise Alexis at work. I wasn't quite sure what time she got out, but I'm positive that it would be around the afternoon.  I rushed through the busy streets of downtown Boston and finally, after twenty frustrating minutes of annoying old drivers and jaywalkers, I entered into Starbucks.

"Hey, Cindy," I smiled at Alexis' co-worker.

"Hello, Chase! Looking for Alexis?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to take her out for dinner."

"Well, she just left," she said, pointing out the glass windows. "I don't know where she went, but she was in a rush."

My heart sank and my shoulders fell as I gave her a dry smile. "Oh, okay. Thanks anyways."

I walked out of the restaurant, and a plan came to mind. I guess it would be sweet to buy her dinner, right? I mean, it was almost supper time...

Where should I buy take-out? Earls? ABC Country? Red Robins?

Hmmm, I think Moxy's should be fine.