I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 20

Alexis POV

I scoffed and looked up at the ceiling. "You've come back for revenge... right?" I felt a lump wedged in my throat. Stupid jerk, he made me fall for him....

He vigourously shook his head. "No.. no, it's not like that," he took my hand, but I quickly stole it back.

"Not like that?" I raised an eyebrow. "Then why didn't you tell me you were Morgan?

"I didn't want you to see me as the boy who was your best friend. I didn't want you to see me as the nerd who always had his nose in a book. I want you to notice me as me... the one who changed for you... the one who came back for his Ginger Ale." his hazel eyes stared into mine. "Look at me now," he squeezed my shoulders and his face came closer to mine. "Forget about the boy that you made snowmen with... Please... Please see me as a man." 

I felt his warm breath against my face. Oh God... I didn't know what to say. Was he being sincere? "I-I can't do that. Y-You're still... Morgan." I felt a single tear slide down my cheek.

He pushed his forehead against mine as he cupped my face, and his lips softly brushed my lips. My heart nearly lept out of my chest. "Just try... please..." I could feel his fast breathing on my face.

I stared into his eyes. How could I say no? This was the guy who'd been keeping me up all night... the guy who'd been making days seem longer..

I closed my eyes and held his hand. I nodded. "O-Okay." I could feel the whole restaurant staring at us, but I didn't care. My knees felt week and it was like I was going to melt in his arms any moment now.

"Thank you.." Ever so gently, he pressed his lips against my forehead. He tilted my head upwards, making me look up at him. "Thanks, Ginger Ale.." he smiled sexily. Oh God, that smile can make any girl drop their panties!

"And one more thing," I said. "Can you stop calling me Ginger Ale?" I was serious. First off all, I'm not ginger, and second of all, I like Pepsi. But whatever floats his boat.

He laughed and tucked my bangs behind my ears. "Shall I call you...." he paused, "Cupcake?"

I burst out laughing and playfully poked his belly button area. "That's even lamer!

"Well then what?"

"Cupcake is fine," I smiled.

Nothing could ruin this day.

Cassandra POV

I gripped my steering wheel tightly as I looked into the coffee shop window. Chase and that girl were hugging.

No.... I won't let it.... He's mine.

Only mine.

I gave up everything for you Chase.

I won't let you go. Ever.