I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 11

-------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey readers and fans <3 I decided to stick to both POV's since it's what the majority wanted. Hope you all continue to read it! Muah xoxo kayla

-------------------------------------------

Alexis POV

I woke up from the noises outside my tent. I tensed up. What was going on? I rubbed my eyes and braced myself for the coldness as I got out of my sleeping bag. I zipped down the zipper of the entryway and peeked outside.

"Good morning, Lexi!" my sister exclaimed as she loaded our bags onto the car. My eyes scanned our campsite. It was empty. There were no tents or food on the picnic table. But everyone was busy packing up.

My eyebrows knitted. "What's going on? Why didn't you wake me up?"

Monica turned to Chase. "Well, this guy over here thought you should rest because of your ankle, so we just let you sleep till you woke up. Besides it's only 9."

I smiled. Aww, he's so sweet. I looked at Chase and he flashed me a wink which made my heartbeat accelerate.

Wrapping the blankets around me, I went back into my tent and rolled up all the sleeping bags. Damn, it was cold as hell. A piece of napkin fell out of my sleeping bag. My forehead creased as I read the black writing on it. "218-900-6133". I smiled and tried to steady my nerves as I shoved it into my pocket.

After we were done packing up, everyone started saying their goodbye's and wishing my sister a happy birthday.

"Hey," a deep voice called from behind. I froze at my spot.

"Oh, hey Chase!" I turned around, keeping my tone upbeat, despite my thumping heart.

"Did you have fun?"

I grinned. "Hell yeah, even though my ankle still hurts as eff." I looked down, wiggling my aching foot around.

"Don't do that, you'll hurt it." he said sternly.

I stopped and looked at him. I wasn't sure what to say, so I directed the conversation to him just to keep it longer. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, thanks to you. It was fun piggybacking you up a hill!" he chuckled, and caressed his back as if it was hurting.

I scoffed. "Well you offered!"

"I know, I know. But I enjoyed spending time with you, even though we were only here for two days.."

"M-Me too..."

He sighed as if he was sad to leave. I hate to admit it but I wished we could spend one more day together. Wait, do I like this guy?

"So what do you say, we keep in touch?" he raised his eyebrows, his eyes lingering on mine. I couldn't bring myself to look away from his handsome face. 

"Yeah, of course," I laughed. "Monica has my number." I paused, then continued, "And I believe I have yours." I gave him an accusing look.

He chuckled then nodded. "Yup,"

"Did you go into my tent or something?" I asked, although I knew he probably did, otherwise the napkin wouldnt've gotten into my sleeping bag.

"Yeah well," he scratched the back of his head.

"Guys! Let's go! We need to check out before 11," Monica yelled then walked over to us. Chase gave her a quick hug and then a kiss on the cheek.

"Happy birthday, Monica."

"Thanks for coming Chase, I appreciate it." she said, playfully poking his sides.

I felt a tinge of jealousy, but it was quickly washed away when he suddenly pulled me into a friendly hug. "It was nice meeting you, Alexis." I felt his hard stomach against mine. Oh, how I wished to touch them...

I pulled away and smiled, my pulse getting faster and faster. I felt like my heart was going to explode. "Nice meeting you too... well I guess this is goodbye." I managed to spit out before heading towards our van. If I stayed longer, I might have devoured him in a kiss.

We all got into our cars, checked out of the campsite and took a final group picture at the campsite's entrance sign.

When we finally got driving, I gazed out the window, my mind still centered around Chase. Will he keep in touch with me? Do I have feelings for him? I shook my head, trying to shoo away my thoughts.

"Is something wrong?" Monica asked.

"Nothing!" I shook my head, as I looked out the window with a grin on my face.

Chase POV

We all got into our cars and as Monica's car drove away, I sighed. I'm gonna miss Alexis. How long will I have to wait till I see her again?

"So Chase, what's going on between you and Alexis?" Randy asked. I looked at him through the mirror.

"You know, we're just friends," I smiled.

He cocked an eyebrow and laughed, "I've seen the way you look at her Chase, and it's not the way you look at your other friends..."

The others laughed along with him, all with accusing looks on their faces.

"You guys would make a cute couple though." Michelle commented. "But what about Cassandra?"

My stomach twisted at the mention of her name. That lying bitch. I slammed on the brakes and we came to a sudden, full stop. The girls screamed.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Logan yelled, his forehead wrinkled.

I turned around, my face masked with anger. I pointed at Michelle. "Don't you ever, ever mention that bitch's name again, you got me?" my breathing was rapid, and I could see Rebecca was trembling from fear.

"I-I'm sorry Chase, I didn't know she still affected you that mu-"

"SHUT UP!" I cut her off, my eyes narrowing from rage.

"Sorry." she looked away, and we carried on with our trip home.