I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 23

Alexis POV

The way she stood annoyed me. One side of her hips was jerked to one side and there was a stupid grin on her face that I just wanted to slap off. But I wouldn't do that. I was a classy woman.

Wait, did she just say her name was Cassandra? I felt like I've heard that name before....

I racked my brain searching for an answer. Then suddenly, it struck me. It was that annoying employee from Chase's office..

Cassandra scanned me from head to toe, then smirked. I was still dressed in my uniform. "Oh my, Chase. I see you're standards have gone down..." a slight smirk lingered on her lips. "Anyways why are you guys leaving so early? We should go sit and have a chat!"

"Let's go, Alexis." Chase muttered, I didn't have a chance to bitch back at the girl because Chase grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door. His hold on my hand was so tight that I felt my knuckles rubbing against each other. We headed towards his car.

I heard heels clacking from behind. It got louder... and louder...

"Don't act like you forgot, Chase."

Chase's lips formed a thin line, a sign that he was very angry. I slowly slipped my hand out of his, and wiggled it around to make sure it still functioned.

Hastily, he turned around a took a deep breath. "Forgot what?"

Cassandra cocked her head to the side, "Remember? When we cuddled on your couch! Silly!" she exaggerated a laugh and then walked towards him. What the hell was she talking about?

Anger sliced through my soul as my eyes went back and forth at Chase and Cassandra. Chase looked at me, almost pleading. "Don't believe her. She's making this up." he held my elbow, but I shoved him away.

He turned to Cassandra. "What more do you want? Get out of my fucking life!"

Once again, he grabbed my arm and threw me in the car. He quickly hopped into the driver's seat.

"Let me out," I said in a cold voice.

"Don't believe her!"

"What do you want me to do Chase? Sit back and relax while a girl is chasing you around, claiming that you two cuddled the night before?" my forehead creased.

He sighed. "Look, she's my ex, okay?"

I scoffed. Why didn't he tell me this before? Was there really a need to lie?

"Does she work at your company?"

"No."

"Then why did you say she was an employee?" I asked. "Oh, wait, an annoying employee."

"I- I- I didn-" he stammered, avoiding my gaze. "I just didn't think there was a point in telling you."

"No point? Goodness sake, Chase! You can tell me! I'm not going to bite your head off." I crossed my arms and looked out the window stubbornly. I was a bit disappointed. For some reason, I thought Chase was going to be all honest to me. Then bam, this happens.

"Okay! Me and her went out for a year, she cheated and we broke up. End of story. Happy?"

"That's not the point."

Chase rolled his eyes and tightened his grip on the steering wheel. "What's the point then? Care to elaborate?"

"Are you over her?"

"Very well so."

"Prove it."

He turned towards me and started to get close. He continued moving closer to me. My heart began to race faster. Suddenly, his hands gently held my chin. He leaned in, and his lips pressed against mine. I couldn't move. I felt like I just died and went to heaven. It was so gentle. So soothing.

"There." he said while pulling away. He smirked, probably after noticing I was redder than a tomato.

I gulped.

Oh God, even though our lips didn't move, it just felt so good. So right.

I know he loves me.

I'm certain he won't hurt me.

Right?

I just know it.

He's not like Eric... at all. I'm sure of that.

Speaking of Eric, did I just see him get out of that red Corvette?

I leaned forward just a little bit, trying to see if it really was him. Oh shit, it is him. What do I do?! I can't let him see me... I can't stand him... He's looking over here.... hide..... HIDE!