I Hate You, Jerk: Chapter 17

Alexis POV

"H-Hi, I'm Alexis, Chase's friend," I held out my hand but she ignored it. She walked past me and stood beside Chase.

Rude much?

"Friend?" she lifted an eyebrow as her eyes scanned me from head to toe. "What company does your family own?"

I blinked and looked at Chase. His mouth was open, but he didn't say anything. "Well?" "Umm, I'm sorry but... my family doesn't own a company. I live with my dad and sister, Monica. She's Chase's frie-"

"Oh, well which mansion do you live in?" There was a smile of amusement on her face, as if she was enjoying this embarassing conversation. Why do I have a feeling she was doing this on purpose?

"Mom, stop it. She's my friend." Chase spoke to her, his voice stern and serious. He turned to me. "Sorry Alexis. This is my mom, Mrs. Johnson. Mom, Alexis."

"Well, young lady, I highly suggest you stay away from my son. As you may know, he's the soon to be owner of Morgan & Johnson's. We don't need another golddigger to deal with."

Ouch.

Mrs. Johnson and I looked at each other, her stares penetrating into my eyes. I cleared the lump in my thoat before speaking. "You know what Chase, I have to go. I have work tonight." I said without looking back and stormed out of the room, my eyes blurry with tears.

"Wait, Alexis!" I heard Chase call before I slammed the door. I leaned against it for a few seconds and closed my eyes.

Chase POV

"What the hell was that for?" I wrinkled my forehead and shook my head.

"What?"

"What do you mean what?" My eyes narrowed with rage. "You know full well what you did, Mom. You shouldn't have done that. That was utterly rude and disrespectful."

She sighed before speaking, "I was just making sure she was good enough for you to be seen with. And sure enough, she wasn't." she placed her hand on her hips. "You need to get your act together, Chase. Competition is tough. I can't have you hanging around a poor girl."

I rolled my eyes. "Is this what it's about Mom? The company? Is that all you ever think about?"

"It's not about the company, Chase. It's a lot more than that. Your father worked hard for this. I'm doing this for you, and your future as the owner of -"

"Mom, will you shut up!" I yelled then scoffed. "I don't even want to take over the company! Stop controlling my life!"

"I am not controlling your life! I'm just helping you make the right choices, and I'm telling you right now son, That girl is not the right option for you."

"What are you going to do, huh? Threaten her life or something? Go bribe her with money? I'm sorry, mother. But she's not that kind of person. She has pride and dignity."

"I'm warning you Chase. You don't know my power. I can do what I want, when I want and HOW I want. You understand? So you better get your act together and start acting like a proper Morgan." I glared at her. "You're the most selfish person I've ever met."

"Don't you speak to me like that young man. I spat you out into this world so you better start respecting me." she pointed at me with a finger.

"I'll speak to you how I want to, unless you stop controlling every damn aspect of my life." I said in a gruff voice. "And stay away from Alexis."

"I can't promise you that, Chase." she said, her tone firm as she headed towards the door. She turned the knob and turned around one last time. "Mark my words son. Mark my words."

------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! And this story is WAY FAR from over! All the nasty things has just begun, and I have many more conflicts in my sleevee :P

------------------------