4

What did he just done??
Why did he do that?

"I'm an idiot" , he thought as he stood so paralyzed looking at her.

he then saw her lips form a smile as she looked him straight in the eyes

Since Emma got up from her 4 weeks of sleeping , Ray had become a different person.
He was afraid of losing her.
He felt a strange emptiness inside, the concrete lack of something.

He stayed day and night beside her bed, feeling terribly guilty for not being able to protect her.

When Norman died he felt a lot of pain. But this time it was different. Completely different.

When he saw Emma's eyes open, his heart skipped a beat.
Happiness overwhelmed him.
He wanted to cry. He wanted to hug her. He wanted to feel her warm body that was alive. But he certainly couldn't in front of his family.

The only way he could express it was by blushing.

"Am I... blushing? what?" he couldn't control himself. But he had to do something to hide it.
So that time he just hit emma in the head as he used to do.

From that day many things changed. He would put a hand on her head to stroke her hair when he met her in the corridors ,or often addressing her with affectionate words.

He couldn't understand why he behaved this way. His mind seemed to go crazy when he saw her and his body moved by itself.

Just like now.

He retracted his hand as he began to blush and lowered his head.
"what's happening to me??. Why am I acting like an idiot!?"

They ate their dinner
<so Ray.are you ready to lose??>
<ah ha...as if...>

As they got up from their seats Yuugo walked over to them <Ray we have to organize the next expedition>
<oww... right now??> emma said crying

Ray put a hand on her shoulder <Emma don't worry. when I'm done I'll beat you for the 100th time> and left the room with the adult.

<Ray. I've been thinking about it for a while. Are you feeling well?>
<Uh? What do you mean?>

The two walked towards the library

<you behave differently than usual>
<I don't know what you're talking about> the raven looked down.

"He's right. But I can't find a logical reason " Ray reflected.

<Ray. Do you feel anything for emma?>

The boy stopped
With his eyes wide open and his gaze lost in the void in front of him.

"I..what!?"

He felt a strange heat invade his chest while his cheeks turned red once again.

<ray?>

<me.. in love with emma?! AS IF.> No it couldn't be true. It was probably just accumulated stress.

<yes ... sure ... if you say so...> yuugo smiled

By now he understood everything.
On the other hand he was a few years older than them and he knew how these things worked.
"Sooner or later you will give up ray"

----
Emma went to her room.

"You'll see Ray. I'll win!" she began to prepare all the material for the game as she waited for her friend

when she took the chess box near the mirror she stopped in front of it,looking at her image

She noticed some stains in her shirt: A red spot in the abdomen accompanied by other spots of various colors.

<oh..if Gilda saw me she would say "you're 13 and you still eat getting dirty like a 5 year old girl!">

She began to laugh at her own comment as began to unbutton the first buttons of the shirt.

Her laugh soon stopped only to be followed by a state of shock as she reached the last buttons.

The shirt was completely open revealing her chest

"NO ... IT CANNOT BE ...."