9

Emma had enough strength to run to her room. After she walked in,she fell to her knees.

The pain began to intensify.

"One last effort..."she got up, approaching the mirror and sat down on the ground in front of it.

She looked at herself as the fear and adrenaline increased.
She began to take off her cloak and backpack, placing her bow on the ground.

Her shirt was completely covered in blood from the chest down.
She began to unbutton it as reddish drops stained the floor.

"The wound has opened even more ...
I have to fix this mess "

She got up taking the medical kit placed in her closet. There was one of it in all the closets of all the rooms of the shelter.

She went to the bathroom,taking off her shirt completely and began washing her abdomen to clean it of all that blood,even though it kept coming out in drops.

With one hand she placed a towel over the scar, pressing to stop the bleeding, and with the other she began to search for the bandages in the medical kit.

<Emma? Are you okay?>
<RAY?!> Emma jumped into place as soon as she heard her friend knock on her door.

"What now??... calm down. Put on a clean shirt and pretend nothing happened"

<g-give me a moment Ray!>
She wrapped the towel around her hips and walked out of the bathroom looking for a clean shirt.
She put it on and went to open the door,blocking herself at the entrance with the door half open which did not allow the vision inside the room.

<is everything okay?>
<Yes.I'm fine,don't worry Ray> and she gave him one of her smiles
But Ray knew her well.

"Her smile....seems to hide something. Emma what are you hiding?"

<what happened to you before? You scared me> his eyes showed a veil of sadness.

<Ray I just had a dizziness that's all.>
<What are you hiding, emma> he asked,crossing his arms over his chest.

<nothing. What do you mean? >
<so why don't you let me in, like you always do?>
<Oh yeah... please come in> she moved away from the door to let him in.
Once he entered the room,Emma ran to close the bathroom door, while the boy looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

<there are...my things in there, you know I was going to take a shower so...>
<If you want to take a shower, go ahead. I'll wait here>
<O-okay> Emma watched the boy sit in her bed.

<are you sure you don't want to go and help Yuugo prepare lunch?>

<We have already agreed that I would come here to take care of you and Anna and Don would help Yuugo.>
<Ray you don't have to waste your time with me>
She felt guilty once again

Ray got up, walking towards his friend. He put his hand on her cheek and stroked it gently <Emma you are not a waste of time. Didn't I already tell you that I would do anything to spend a few more seconds of my life next to you?>

Her heart began to beat faster. It become a habit now when he touched her or whispered those sweet words.

His hand went from her cheek to her hair <go wash now> he said as he stroked her orange wisps.

She nodded with a smile and dashed into the bathroom, closing the door behind her with her back against it.

She stared down and her cheeks began to turn red, while a smile on her lips as she thought to what had just happened.
A smile that faded as soon as she looked up and saw the bloody shirt on the ground. Her eyes widened as a thought began to form in her mind

"the drops of blood ... I didn't clean the floor of my room ..."

------

When he saw Emma walk into the bathroom he sighed.

He was about to sit back in bed when he saw the cloak and the bow on the ground, near the mirror.

"It's the usual messy ... when she'll learns to-"
He picked up the two objects, which a moment ago were hiding drops of a red tint on the floor.
Ray froze

"These...what the..."

<Ray could you->

Too late.

Emma managed to find an excuse to get Ray out of her room, buying time to clear the blood

But it was too late.

Ray was still looking at her in shock
<E-Emma is this... yours?>
<Ray I->

<Emma why did you lie to me?! Are you hurt!? Is that why you didn't have strength this morning?>

<Ray...it was just a scratch. I've already medicated it. Don't worr->

<What are you hiding in the bathroom?>
<huh?>
<you immediately closed the door when I entered,saying that there are "your private things" there. I guess you were lying about this too, am I right? >

<I didn't lie ...> Emma looked down. She couldn't lie. Not to him.

Ray walked over to the girl, still standing in front of the half-open bathroom door.

<Emma. You can't lie to me. I know you too well. Now please...let me in> he stroked her cheek as tears formed in Emma's eyes.

She could no longer invent any excuses. she had given up.
So Emma walked over to her bed, staring down as she brought her hands to hers chest. she feared for his reaction.

Ray gave her one last look with worried eyes. he opened the door slowly and began to look around and then...he saw everything.