42

The group got ready, taking their weapons and backpacks, and headed for the exit.

Before leaving the place for good, they greeted the two demons by shaking their hands.

When they were about to leave, however, Ray stopped, seeing Norman's figure, standing behind the old demon.

He looked at him with a worried look attracting the attention of his best friend, who stood there staring at him trying to understand what he wanted to tell him.

Then he remembered that the night before Norman tried to warn him about something.

He tried to remember his words, but due to his tiredness he couldn't hear them

"... will be ... destroying ... so you .."

"I can't remember what you said, Norman ..."

<Ray?>
Emma called the raven back to reality

The three had already begun to walk but stopped as soon as they noticed his absence.

<mh?> Ray turned first to the girl and then back to the vanished figure of his best friend.

Emma put a hand on his worried cheek
<are you okay?>

The raven smiled at her and left a kiss on her forehead.
<I'm fine. I was just lost in my thoughts. everything is fine>

And the four finally left the demon village. They walked for several hours, talking and discussing everything that had happened on that crazy day.

<There is a smell of burning. Do you smell it too?> Don said when they were near to their destination.

<mmm ... a little. We don't know if it's a demon or some children hunting. We should be careful> Ray said with his hands in his pockets.

<what a day ...> Emma said with a sigh.

<I'm so tired ...> Gilda said yawning

Don stopped and put a hand on her shoulder.
<come on. I'll carry you!>

Gilda blushed.
<n-no Don. Don't worry I can walk ...>

<c'mon don't be shy. Let your prince carry you on his shoulders> Emma said pushing her friend towards Don.

He turned and knelt with his back to her, so that it was easier for Gilda to climb on his shoulders, and then she  wrapped her arms around his neck.

<am ... am I heavy?> she asked embarrassed.

<are you kidding me? You're as heavy as a feather!> The boy commented, making Gilda smile.
<so. Are the passengers ready?>

<for what?> she asked confused

<Hold on tight and fasten your seat belts because we're about to take off!> Don said, and began to run as fast as he could to the shelter.

<you're the best I could ask for> Gilda whispered in Don's ear, hugging him tightly as he smiled.

<I love you too, princess>

Emma and Ray still stood staring at the spot where they saw Don and Gilda gradually move away.
<well ... I think we can think of it as a "see you later"> said Ray.

As they walked Emma grabbed the boy's hand
<mh? Something wrong, sweety?> He asked.

<do you think there is a way to be able to live in harmony with the demons?>