27

When the group returned to the shelter it was greeted by a horde of children ready to hug them again.
<we missed you!>

<so? How did it go?>
<have you discovered something?>
<have you met minerva?>
<are you injured?>

Each child asked them something.
Yuugo clapped his hands to get attention and try to calm them down.
<alright guys. I'm sure you have many questions to ask them, but how about we talk about everything at the table with a delicious hot soup prepared by the best chef in the world?> He said pointing at himself with his thumb.
<YEEEEEY!> the children started running into the dining room, where Lucas was finishing setting the table.

<Yuugo!> Emma hugged the adult
<you know? I thought it was strange not to see an annoying antenna wandering through the corridors> he returns the hug with a smile.
Emma giggled
<I missed you too>

<come on guys, go get changed. Dinner is ready!>
the expedition team nodded and headed for the weapons room.

Ray was the last one and Yuugo took advantage of it.
<I see you kept your word, sleepy Cyclops >
The boy, shocked by those words, turned around.
he remembered their conversation and when he promised him that he would protect Emma at any cost.

Yuugo put a hand on his shoulder
<you're growing up, little man. I'm proud of you>
Ray smiling at him and hugged him
He tried to keep his ascent cold and confident, but deep down he missed him so much too.
He caught yuugo off guard. It took him seconds to process and return his hug as he patted him on the back.
<Thank you Dad>

again.

That happened again.

"This kids..."

As they ate their dinner, Emma's group were talking about everything they had discovered during their journey.
<I see. So we're on the right track.> Lucas exclaimed
<We just need to find some gold water and a temple> Don replied as he poured water into his glass

<finally we can make a new promise and go to the human world!> Chris cheered happily raising his hands in the air and getting everyone's attention, but he hit the arm of Don who was holding the bottle and all the water fell on him.
Don looked at his shirt in shock as it dripped

Screams and laughter spread throughout the room as Don looked at Chris in defiance
<so it's like this huh?>

The child looked at him with a confused look and his smile disappeared when he saw the older one approaching the bottle with the little water that was left to take revenge.
With a sprint Chris got up from his chair and started to run around the table followed by Don.
<you can't escape from me!>

It was true. Chris couldn't beat him at tag except with a good strategy so he tried to put his big brother Ray's teachings into practice.
He stopped just next to Yuugo and put his hands on his knees trying to get some air. Don was getting closer <I got you!>.
He raised the bottle ready to throw the liquid, but the child promptly avoided it, making the adult wet.

There was a moment of silence. Yuugo rose slowly with a dark look as the two stared at him, swallowing
<it's his fault.> Chris said in defense pointing the finger at the oldest.
<WHAT?!>
<you two...do you want to attempt your life?!>
<W-WAIT>
Yuugo began to chase the two around the dining room.
<you'll pay for it!>

<YEYYY. let's play tag with Yuugo!> the younger children of Grace Field cheered as they got up with their glasses full of water, starting to chase each other and get wet.