45

So they did it.

A few meters away they found a cave, hidden by the vegetation.

Don took off his cloak, spread it on the ground and gently placed Gilda, now in the world of dreams, on top of it. In ghisa way she would be comfortable and sleep without getting dirty.
He took off her glasses and placed them beside her, kissing her forehead.

Emma and Ray smiled at that scene
<he's becoming a man..> she said

He nodded
<well....he's taking me as an example.
you should take Gilda as an example too and rest yourself.>

<what? I'm fine!>

Ray looked at her with a murderous look.

<you know? I don't know why but I'm feeling suddenly so tired ... I think I'll go to sleep> she said  smiling nervously and she sat down next to Gilda.

Before falling asleep, Emma turned to her sister.
She was really proud of her and for everything she was doing.

When they were little Gilda had always been a crybaby. she usually cried for everything.

She was mostly afraid of the dark and when she couldn't sleep, Emma would read her a story to calm her down.

Seeing her sister now take courage and work for their family....she was so proud of her.
From a crybaby girl, she became a smart and strong girl, ready to do everything in order to protect her family.

She lay down beside her, just like when they were little, and kissed her on the forehead before following her into the dream world.

Ray and Don sat down in front of the cave entrance to keep watch.
<You're becoming a man> Ray said, patting him lightly on the back

<thanks dude!> Don said, responding to his pat with an even stronger one.

<what the-> the raven turned in his direction, touching the painful spot he just hit, but his brother continued, heedless of his complaints.

<I'm surprised too. I mean ... I know I'm a wonderful and exceptional guy .... but I'm also lucky to have a great girl like Gilda who stands by my side and takes care of me>

Ray smiled at him tenderly but when he was about to answer, Don preceded him
<but my heart is already busy .... the love I feel for croissants will never end. I can't betray those little ... sweets ... and tender croissants. I mean ... it's a matter of principle. I am a faithful man.>

The older one looked at him in shock and hit himself in the forehead.
<poor Gilda... At her tender age she already has to live with the burden of betrayal...> he answered ironically making fun of him.

<Well ...I already talked to Gilda about it. She must understand that my heart is divided into a double love .... a love triangle I dare to say. Unfortunately she has to accept it and overcome it ...>

<after hearing this speech I can say I'm ready for death.> Ray said

<you just can't understand me...> said Don putting his arm to his forehead and a hand on his chest, emulating a dramatic moment.

Ray stared at him and laughed, followed by Don. But they soon stopped when they felt something hit their heads

<SOMEONE HERE IS TRYING TO SLEEP!> Gilda said after throwing two stones at their heads. Emma was still sleeping.

<S-sorry, princess> Don said and Gilda lay down and went back to sleep.

<how did she hit us up if she wasn't  even wearing her glasses?!> he whispered to his friend.