44

Ray turned, finally observing the figure, with a confused look.
<presumption?>

<do you really think that if you and the others had stayed here things would have been different? Really? I do not think so. I don't think the result would have changed. In fact, I believe the situation would have worsened dramatically. We don't know what happened to them but one thing is certain: if you were taken away with them too, who would have come to all of you to save you?>

Ray's eyes widened. It was true.
The figure continued with his speech
<Ray it's not your fault. Stop thinking about what happened but instead think about how to resolve this situation. They need you.>

The raven chuckled.
<well...who are you to call me arrogant, when the arrogant one here is you acting like a cool hero, Norman?>

The figure gave him a smirk.
<I'm too smart, it's normal that you are envious, my friend> he said teasing him.

<Am I supposed to be envious? Of you? Me...? Such a unique and charming boy like me? Oh please...> Ray said putting a hand in his pocket and one in his hair in a sense of pride.

Norman laughed, followed by his friend.

<Ray! Gilda managed to retrieve some footage taken by the cameras! Come and see them, I've already called Emma> Don said as he entered the room.

<coming.> Ray said walking towards the younger one.

Before leaving the room, however, Norman caught his attention again
<never forget that I will always be by your side, dude>

The raven smiled at him tenderly and closed the door behind him, heading to the monitor room with Don.

When they arrived they saw Emma, ​​sitting next to Gilda, smiling at them.
<guys, i tried to sort the videos in a reasonable chronological sequence, helping me with the time they were recorded too.> said Gilda

<the time this hell happened is more or less the same time we were inside the demon village looking for the temple> Emma said. Ray and Don exchanged a look and nodded.

<ok so ... this is the first video that I managed to find. It's from the camera at the main entrance to the shelter.> Gilda said, starting the video.

It showed two hooded men approaching the entrance to the shelter. One of them, before going inside, destroyed the camera, interrupting the recording.

<who are they?! And why are they attacking us!?> Don asked confused

<I don't know .... so this is the next video> said the girl with the glasses, starting the second video.

This time this framed the monitor room. There were many more hooded men and they were fighting with Yuugo and Lucas. There was a violent barrage of bullets but in the end the two adults managed to injure them and buy time to get out of the room and escape.

<this explains why there are traces of blood in this room> Ray noted.

<here's the next one> said Gilda starting another video once again.

This time it showed the children running along the corridors of the shelter, chased by two hooded men. Anna and Nat tried to shoot them with guns in order to buy time by managing to wound them.

<I think this is the moment where they managed to run away and enter a secret passage inside the shelter.> said Gilda

In fact, the next video showed the children running along corridors with a different look than the ones they walked every day.

<Lucas told me about it once! Inside the shelter there are secret passages that connect corridors to emergency secondary exits> Emma said, putting a finger under her chin.

<in fact this video shows the children approaching one of the secondary exits, but when these two children opened the emergency door ....>
Gilda pointed to two children on the screen who signaled their family to stand back and wait for the emergency door to open.

When they succeeded they were the first to climb the stairs leading outside, but when the others were about to follow them, they stopped at the sight of the bodies of the two children falling back inside the shelter to the ground, helpless.

They had been fatally hit in the head by two bullets.

Emma put a hand to her mouth in shock with her heart in pain from those scenes.
But she got even more agitated by selling the next images.

Chris tried to rescue them, desperately approaching the dead children. Anna tried to stop him and pull him to herself to avoid that he could get the same end, but Chris had already entered the enemy's sights, who fired a bullet at him.
Anna's push made sure that the bullet did not hit him in the forehead but on the side of the head, causing the child to collapse to the ground.

The latest video it framed another secondary entrance from which the children managed to get out and run away, moving away from the shelter.

<wait! Where are Yuugo and Lucas ?!Why aren't they with them?! What happened?!>

<I don't know. These were the last images that I managed to recover> said Gilda looking down.

Emma turned to her brothers.
<Chris ... Chris is injured! We have to help him! we must find our family!>

Ray put a hand on her shoulder
<We'll find them, Emma. We know now they weren't caught but managed to escape. They probably hid somewhere.>

<but Yuugo and Lucas are not with them. Where are they...?!> Don asked

<look. I don't know how to answer to this but I hope that they managed to escape too.> Said the raven looking at his friend in the eyes.

Gilda sighed and got up from her chair.
<We don't know exactly what happened but we've gathered enough information to get going. We know the direction where they escaped ,we just have to  follow their tracks>

The three nodded.
They took their bags and weapons, including the supplies and ammunition remaining in the shelter, and walked out of the shelter, saying goodbye to their beloved home.
Once outside, they headed in the direction they saw the children flee.

They walked for several hours, following the traces left on the ground during the escape, but the night fell and, with it, the tiredness top.

<emma, we need to stop.> Ray said.

<we can't! we have to keep walking, we have to find our family> replied the girl, starting to walk again.

Ray put a hand on her shoulder and stopped her.
<listen, sweety. I know you're worried, I'm worried too, but we need to rest. Look where we are, we6re in a forest, in the middle of the night, where a demon could attack us at any moment.>

<just for a little while longer ...> she said pleading

The boy put his hand on her cheek
<We can't. Don and Gilda are exhausted, they can't go any further. If we don't rest we'll not be able to defend ourselves from any attacks. We cannot die or be captured, for the sake of our family, remember?> He said, speaking softly to her.

Emma looked first at Ray and then at her younger brothers behind them.
Don had offered, along the way, to carry Gilda, exhausted, on his shoulders, but he had reached the limit of his strength too, and even if he wasn't show it, he was struggling even to stand up.

Emma turned her attention back to the older one, nodding.
<okay....Let's find a safe place to spend the night.>

_____________________________
Here we go!
Another one!

I have many ideas in my head but the problem is this hellish school.

Thank you so much for all your support and for all your sweet and kind comments.
They're my strength to keep going and not going crazy with study❤

Thank you for being so patient and so kind.

I love you all❤❤

Traveling cookie