𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠

"I can't believe you actually had the balls to invite him over."

As you twirl around your room, anxiously waiting for Iwa to come over, you talk to Asuka on your phone.

"You better not get too carried away, you know," she continues talking through the speakerphone.

"Shut up, I'll be fine."

"Damn you got cocky so fast. Isn't this your second date ever," she teases.

"Maybe," you say as you roll your eyes "but it doesn't matter. It's just like hanging out."

"You're something else, Y/N."

You smile at her comment as you check yourself out in your mirror.

"Hey, what are you doing?" she asks "send me a picture of what you're wearing."

You groan but comply and pick up your phone.

Y/N: Here. I'm not changing. Leave me alone.

The moment your picture delivers, you hear a shriek come out of your phone.

"You're so friggin cute, Y/N-chan!" Asuka yells as you hold your phone away from your face.

"I'm so happy for you two," she says as she fake cries dramatically, "you're all grown up."

"God Asuka what are you, my mom?"

"I'm just trying to be nice! This is your first date alone, you know."

"So what?"

"I did have to hold your hand through the first one," she teases.

You groan. "It wasn't like that and you know it."

Suddenly, you see Iwa's name come up on your phone.

IWAIZUMI: Hey. I'm at a red light around the corner. I'll be there in 5.

You gasp as you read Iwa's text.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Asuka asks frantically.

"Yeah," you say quietly, "but Iwa's almost here."

You hear Asuka groan from the other side of your phone.

"What now?" you ask.

"You're still calling him Iwa? Just call him by his first name already!"

Caught off guard, you aren't sure what to say back to your friend.

"I-I don't-"

"You can!" she cuts you off "just do it and get over your awkwardness."

"I'm not awkward!" you snap back.

"Whatever, just make sure you use one of those new condoms I gave you. Okay?"

Again?

"W-what condoms?"

"Check your backpack. Byeee!" she harmonizes as she hangs up the phone.

"Bye, I guess," you mumble to yourself.

You walk over to your backpack and unzip the smallest pocket. There your eyes widen to the dozen of condoms that your friend snuck in there.

"Goddammit," you groan as you stuff one in your bra.

--

You run downstairs, expecting to wait a minute or two for Iwa to arrive. However, when you run past your dad in the kitchen, you do a double-take.