𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑘

"Well damn, so much for you saying you weren't gonna go for her!"

While you were busy distracted from kissing Iwa, you didn't notice that Oikawa had just entered the room. Reflexively from the sound of hearing his friend's voice catching him in the act, he pulls away from you.

"Sorry, Y/N. I've gotta go," Iwa tells you as he scrambles around to gather his belongings.

"Not so fast, loverboy," teases Oikawa who swiftly throws his arm against the other side of the doorway, blocking Iwa's exit. "What are you going to do when Kindaichi finds out?"

"He's not going to find out," he states calmly before barging past Oikawa, leaving the two of you alone.

"Scary," Oikawa chuckles, "I bet the face your cousin is going to make will be priceless."

"Oikawa, please don't-"

"Ah, don't worry, I'm not. One of you two will. It's not like you're both going to be able to handle the guilt," he nods.

He's right. There's no way I will be able to keep this secret from Yutaro forever.

Oikawa turns to leave, but you grab onto his arm before he does.

"Hey, wait. What did you mean before when you came in and said Iwa wasn't going to go for me?"

Oikawa chuckles and then smiles at you. "Nothing, Y/N. I just thought Iwa wasn't into any girls right now."

What a liar.

"Oh, okay," you try to play it off cool, "Thanks for telling me."

After Oikawa leaves, you go back down to the gym to look for Asuka, assuming she is with Matsukawa, and you're right. When you get to the entrance of the gym, you find Asuka and Matsukawa alone, making out.

I probably shouldn't disturb her, you think. Then, after being a bit disappointed that you couldn't immediately talk to your best friend about what happened, you go home.

 Then, after being a bit disappointed that you couldn't immediately talk to your best friend about what happened, you go home

At home, you talk to your dad in the garage to try to get your mind off of things.

"How's your project going?" you ask.

"I'm glad you asked, Y/N! It's going really well. It'll be a while until it's finished, but it's coming along nicely."

"That's awesome, dad!"

"Oh, by the way," he hums, "I think Yutaro is going to drop by to give me something from your uncle. Want me to send him over to you after?"

"Sure," you smile, "I've got to talk to him about something anyway."

"Oh yeah? Did he get a girlfriend or something?"

"Eh? No, why do you ask?"

"Sorry kiddo, I was just wondering. I thought he liked your friend awhile back."