𝐼 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢

"Tell me I'm having a nightmare," you groan to your friend as you hide from the world.

"Sorry, Y/N," she says sadly, "you really just did that."

You continue to groan and hide yourself from everyone. Soon, you feel your friend poke your arm.

"Hey, look up, Y/N," she tells you.

You pick your head up from its hiding spot and see Iwa and Yutaro coming over to the pair of you.

"Oh great," you mumble "here comes the lecture."

Once the boys stand near you, you avoid looking directly at them.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" you hear Iwa ask.

You hear the concern in his voice and look over at him as you nod your head.

"Why the hell were you so loud then, dumbass," your cousin starts to lecture.

You become a bit upset by the name he called you and yell back at him.

"It's your own fault! When the hell were you doing to tell me that you're dating my best friend?"

"You guys are dating?" Iwa asks in shock.

You watch Yutaro's face start to turn red as he looks at his teammate.

"W-well yeah, I just assumed that-"

"That we knew?" Iwa and you both interrupt.

"Idiot," Iwa mumbles, causing you to smile slightly.

However, your face turns serious again as you look at your scowling cousin.

"Y/N," Iwa says to interrupt the awkward moment, "Can I borrow you after everyone's done packing up?"

You nod as you watch your cousin shoot Iwa a dirty look.

Iwa looks over at Yutaro and scowls.

"Alone," he adds.

The three of you watch as Yutaro walks off angrily.

"You really should have told us," you tease Asuka "now that dummy is in a bad mood."

Once Iwa leaves you alone with Asuka, she turns to you with curious eyes.

"Now what," you ask a bit nervous.

Asuka looks excitedly in your eyes. "What do you think he's gonna ask you?"

"I-I don't know," you say shakily "does it matter?"

"Well yeah because it's probably going to be something important since he wants to talk to you alone!"

You watch Asuka get excited, but it's only making you more anxious.

"I didn't think it was going to be something serious. I just thought he wanted to see me without Yutaro dumbass interrupting," you shrug.

Asuka grins at you. 

"Well yeah, obviously he doesn't want Yutaro-chan interrupting when he's talking to you about something he doesn't want him to hear!"

At that moment, you begin to think about how Iwa didn't chew you out yet for costing him the game. 

He usually gives me a little punishment when he's disappointed in something I've done. Crap, what the hell is he going to do to me this time?

You snap out of your thoughts as you hear your friend giggling back at you. You look at her with a completely confused face and ask what she's laughing at.

"Don't worry about it so much, Y/N," she tells you, "Iwa loves you so I'm sure you will be just fine."

"What?!" you say startled.

"I-Iwa and I haven't said that yet," you tell her.

You watch as Asuka continues to giggle at you again.

"So you aren't in love with him?"

You look away from your friend as you try to hold back your blush.

"I-I don't know," you tell her.

"Aw you're so cute Y/N," she tells you as she rests a hand on your shoulder.

You look back at her as she calls you that.

So annoying.

"Don't give me that face," Asuka rolls her eyes.

"Sorry."

"Look, you don't have to tell me how you feel about him, but there's a good chance you're going to have a talk with him about it in a few minutes."

You thank Asuka for her help and watch as she walks down to find Yutaro.

You scan the room, looking for Iwa. As your eyes land on him, you begin to think about how happy he makes you. Every time the two of you are together you feel happier than usual. Just seeing his face cheers you up each day. 

I do. I definitely do love him. But how do I tell him that?

You watch as Iwa makes his way over to you, causing you to smile.

"Hey!" he says happily, "Ready to go?"

You nod and take his hand as the pair of you leave the gym.

As you both walk through the halls of the school, you get flustered again thinking about the conversation the pair of you are about to have.

"Where are we going, Iwa-chan?" you ask sweetly.

You look over at Iwa and see his calm, expressionless face.

"The roof," he shrugs.

You decide not to question what he says and look down at your hands intertwined in each other.

When did we start holding hands?

As you look back up at him, you see a serious look form on his face.

I hope he's not mad at me for distracting his serve during the game.

Once you arrive at the roof, you immediately start to blush. The anticipation of wondering what Iwa is going to say to you is killer.

"Iwa," you say as you avoid looking at his face "I'm really sorry for making you lose the game."

Iwa holds your chin and brings your face to look at his. His eyes look calm, as though he isn't mad at you.

"It's okay, Y/N," he tells you "I'm not mad at you."

"Y-You're not?"

Iwa shakes his head.

"No, actually I wanted to talk to you for the opposite reason."

You feel your face get even more flushed than before.

"W-What is it then?" you ask.

Iwa looks straight into your eyes.

"I love you, Y/N."

As if by reflex, you pull yourself into his body, squeezing your arms around his back. You then whisper to him back.

"I love you too, Hajime."

END OF CHAPTER 37