𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑎𝑦 𝐵𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝐺𝑎𝑚𝑒

The following day at lunch, you and Asuka decide to eat in your classroom together.

"Y/N, finish your lunch quick! I wanna take you somewhere."

"Eh, where?" you ask, a bit concerned.

"You'll see," she giggles, "Hurry!"

After the two of you are done eating, Asuka rushes you outside of the room and down the hall. Eventually, you arrive at the gym the boys usually practice volleyball in.

"Seriously, Asuka," you whisper to her, hoping not to be seen by any of the guys, "you are such a stalker!"

"Come on," she pouts, "this is harmless! And besides, I'm not doing anything wrong. I just want to watch that hot number 2 play again!"

"Oh, by the way, I figured out his name," you hum as you peer past the door.

"No way!" she almost yells before catching herself.

Her hands cover her mouth to prevent her from being too loud. You can see that she is about to pass out from the anticipation of finding out his name.

"Well, don't keep me in suspense! Tell me," she begs while practically jumping up and down.

"Matsukawa."

"Catch me, Y/N, I'm about to faint," she chuckles. "Matsukawa? That's so cute!! I can't believe you found out his name for me, you're the best! Asuka Matsukawa! How does that sound Y/N-chan? I can't wait to talk to him later!"

"Asuka Matsukawa," you say calmly, "you really are a stalker. You just figured out his name."

"Wow," she responds, shaking her head blissfully, "it sounds so good when you call me that. I love it!"

"Ew, you're actually drooling!" you tease.

"Shut up, Y/N, it's not like you aren't drooling over Iwa!" she remarks, wiping her chin.

"Am not!"

"Liar! You're getting flustered again just like you did last time when I brought him up. Just admit you like him and confess already." 

"No way," you tell her, "that's ridiculous. I only just met him when school started this year!"

"Fine, be like that," Asuka says grumpily, "but don't be upset when I get with Matsukawa before you even get near Iwa!"

You try your best to contain your emotions about Iwa around everybody, but it's not so easy. But since Asuka is physically drooling over Matsukawa, what harm would it do for you to stick around and watch Iwa... just for a bit. Although it's not an official practice, a lot of the guys were practicing before lunch ended. They are all talking and laughing, but since you are just watching from the outside, you can't really hear what they're saying.

"I bet they're talking about you, Y/N-chan! Look how worked up Yutaro is!" Asuka chuckles.

No way. I mean, Asuka and I are always talking about them, but it's not that way with guys, right? They're definitely just talking about their next practice game or something. 

You continue to watch Iwa, taking note of how good he looks while hitting the ball. 

Everything about his body and form is so hot. Not to mention that he's always got me flustered when I'm around him even though I won't admit it to Asuka. I probably should confess to him like she told me, just to get it over with.

"Oh shit! Class is about to start, come on Y/N!" Asuka drags you away from where you were staring.

As she pulls onto you, you're taken out of your little trance. Wishing you could stare at him all day, you try to bring yourself back into reality.