𝑀𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝐵𝑢𝑛𝑠

After the volleyball team thanks you for watching, Yutaro begins introducing you to his teammates, starting to brag a bit about how good of a setter you are. You try to avoid the eyes on you as he talks, until the team captain approaches the group.

"I bet Y/N can't serve anywhere near as good as I can!" he beams.

"Oh, please," Yutaro scoffs.

"Hey do you want to serve for us?" asks another of the teammates.

"Asuka, is that okay with you?" you turn to her, a bit excited by the challenge.

"Sure, I'll be happy to wait," she hums as she holds up three fingers, "but now you owe me three meat buns."

Although you're a bit nervous to set for a whole team, you agree, hoping to prove Oikawa wrong.

You set to number 2 first since both he and Yutaro are middle blockers. After your set, Oikawa yells at you from afar.

"Okay Y/N that wasn't half bad!"

"Of course not, Oikawa! She's related to me!" your cousin chuckles.

"Don't be so full of yourself, Kindaichi," Oikawa replies.

After Oikawa's response, number four approaches you. As he walks closer to you, you can't help but notice how attractive he is. He's not extremely tall, but definitely taller than you. 

Damn. Seriously, he could totally get it you admit to yourself.

"Hey, care to set for me?" number four asks.

"Sure..."

"Iwa-chan don't freak her out" groans Oikawa.

Iwa-chan? That is seriously so cute. 

A few more seconds you stare at Iwa until he has to ask you again if you will set for him. You shake your head, realizing how dumb you must look.

You set for him, but unfortunately, it's an absolutely awful set. However, he somehow still manages to strike the ball with a powerful hit.

"Wow, you're really good," you nod respectfully as Oikawa approaches the two of you, "are you the ace?"

"Wow Iwa-chan, she thinks you're the ace," Oikawa hums while slapping Iwa on the back.

"Shut up, Shittykawa, I am the freaking ace," says Iwa, "Yeah, Y/N, I'm the ace. Iwaizumi."

"Oh, right," you nod, a bit nervously.

Shit. Why was that what I said?! Whatever, it's just one guy. It's not like it matters anyway.

"Y/N, we're going to have a practice game tomorrow, will you watch?" asks Oikawa.

A few of the other teammates come running over and await your answer, so you give in.

"Sure, why not," you shrug.

"Nice," says Oikawa, "another chance to see your gorgeous face."

Not sure what to say, you simply thank Oikawa for his compliment and walk towards where Asuka is sitting.

"Y/N, don't say anything and just turn around."

Asuka places her hands on your arms and gently turns you back to where you had walked from. When you turn around, you see Yutaro smack Iwaizumi and Oikawa on the back of their head but you can't hear what they're talking about.

"I know what you're going to say, Y/N, so I won't talk about those two guys hitting on you," your friend giggles as she whispers in your ear behind you. "You are so lucky to be able to play with them."