chapter 26: Brighter

Everything was painfully perfect. Draco had fallen for his enemy. He had fallen for the one who might never even feel the intensity that he himself felt for the other. Everything that Harry did was amazing, flawless and perfect. Potter was as pure as snow and as bright as a ray of sunshine.

Draco didn't have a doubt that the unfamiliar emotion he felt, was love. He loved the Gryffindor. Now, he just needed to find a way to voice his feelings.

They were in Gryffindor Tower, with the two sitting comfortably together. Draco's back was to the wall and Harry's head rested on his lap as the two stared out the window. The snow had melted, and left the ground not in sheets of white, but in springs of green and tiny dots of color.

"Hey, Harry?"

"Yes?"

"We're a couple, aren't we?"

"A couple of what? Morons, yes."

"Hey!" Draco flicked his little's nose, "Like...boyfriends?"

"Oh." The raven pondered this for a moment before shrugging, "Nope."

"What?" This answer startled the blonde.

"Well, in order for us to be in a relationship, the dominant one has to ask the submissive, properly."

The Slytherin rolled his eyes at the darker boy's answer. Whatever Harry did somehow portrayed to being a brat, "Fine. Will you-"

Harry smiled brightly, "Yes."

"-scoot over."

"What?"

"Well, I'm getting up to go pack."

"Pack for what?"

"Well, I'm going home."

It was precisely two months until students would leave Hogwarts, and the train would pickup the students and take them back to Kings Cross for summer break.

"You mean that one place? In Dublin?"

"No. Malfoy Manor."

"Wait... what? Won't they have heard that you're gay by now?" Harry questioned.

"Yes. I can't put it off, I need to be honest."

"Will you be alright?"

A kiss was placed on the Half-blood's forehead, "Don't worry."

Everything seemed perfect. Too perfect for Harry to notice that Draco dodged the question.

In all honesty he didn't know if he'd be alright. He didn't know how to be alright around his family. He was afraid of even talking to them. When he had to, he would refuse to make eye contact. Not because he wanted to come off as disrespectful, but because meeting his dad's eyes was like challenging a cobra to a fight. And once bitten by the cobra, the venom spreads. The equivalent to the venom was his dad telling all of his friends to shun him. It wasn't worth it.

And now that he was out? Hell would rain fire down on him.

"Dray?"

"Huh?"

"You okay? You look sad."

"I can't be sad when I'm with you." The blonde forced a smile.

"What will you tell them?" Whispered the smaller of the two.

Draco thought of his parents for a moment, "I'll tell them that I've met an amazing person that makes me happy."

"And who may that be?" Teased Potter.