chapter 5: 'The Game'

Potter was extremely confused. He was on his way to Divination when he spotted Malfoy, walking with his usual group of Parkinson and Zabini, but accompanied by Zane Edwards.

"What the bloody hell..." He muttered, staring at the group in confusion.

"What is it?" Dean Thomas asked, stopping next to his fellow Gryffindor.

"Do they usually hang out?" Harry asked, already knowing the answer.

Dean followed his gaze and snickered, "Why do you even care? Zane has had a crush on Malfoy for years. He finally got his happy ending."

Harry felt a cold trickle of sweat run down his forehead, "T-They're together?"

"No!" Dean laughed, "Malfoy? Dating Zane? You're kidding!"

"What do you mean?"

"First of all, Malfoy is so out of his league. Second of all, Malfoy is obviously straight."

Someone bumped into Harry, toppling the other boy over, "Sorry!"

"No problem." Harry grumbled, standing up and adjusting his glasses, watching as the Hufflepuff rush past him. Ernie Malcom seemed to be in a hurry for something. Probably missed a meeting with Seamus.

"Oi! Potter! See something you like?" Zane called, pointing at Draco's backside.

Malfoy rolled his eyes, laughing with his friends. Harry blushed, looking down. Hell yes he did.

"Oh, Harry, fight back!" Dean turned to the group, "He's not like that, you big queer!"

Zane scowled, "YOU'RE THE QUEER!"

Dean smirked, "Yeah, I am." He took a few steps closer to Edwards, "I own my flag. I'm gay... and so are you."

Zane blushed brightly, shifting on one foot, "So what?"

"Get your tight ass out of the closet! Just say it." Dean urged, gripping and shaking the Ravenclaw's shoulders, "If you stay closeted, what good does that do? Pretending to be something you're not?"

"Y-You're right." Zane nodded, eyes wide.

"So say it!" Dean frowned, continuing to shake.

"I'm gay!" Zane muttered.

"Louder! Tell everyone!"

"I'm gay!" He said a bit louder.

"I can't hear you, Zane!" Dean shouted.

"I'M GAY!" Zane screamed at the top of his lungs, causing everyone to stare at him.

"THAT'S IT!" Dean cheered, stopping the shaking, yet holding his shoulders, "How do you feel?"

Zane broke into a grin, his pink eyes twinkling, "G-Good!"

"Well, good." Dean smiled warmly. He had never noticed how brightly the Ravenclaw smiled, nor the light blush that played across his nose.

"Damn.'

        {}

Draco grinned, knowing that Zane and Dean would find a way together. Dean was gay. Pansy was a lesbian. Millicent was Pansexual. Blaise was gay. Was anyone just plain straight anymore? Yes, Draco.

"Come on, lovers. It's time to play The Game." Pansy smiled.

Draco groaned loudly, "Pans, no."

Harry looked confused, "What's 'The Game' and why does it sound so dirty?"