chapter 19: Brilliant

Harry dusted himself off, and stared up at Draco, "I don't have spiders in my hair, do I?"

The blonde bit his lip as a grin spread across his face, "Let me see." He ruffled the Gryffindor's hair, making the ladder blush furiously, "Nope. No spiders."

Harry's gaze fell to the ground as he tried to fight the color in his face, "W-Well that's good."

"Yes, I suppose being spider-free is good." The blonde's eyes twinkled in amusement.

Potter smiled a little, "I suppose it is."

The Slytherin held his breath at his next move, but proceeded to do it. He approached the smaller of the two and wrapped his arms around his waist. He slowly began to sway them back in forth.

Harry bit his lip, as he wrapped his arms around the taller boy's neck, "I thought you couldn't be seen with the likes of me?"

"Can't. That's why we're in a musty tower." Malfoy teased.

"And when someone notices your out of bed?"

"They'll know to check in yours." The blonde blurted out. He closed his eyes as he mentally scolded himself.

Harry sent needed relief through him when he muttered, "They should stay out of our business and our bed."

"Our bed? How cheeky."

Harry smiled sarcastically, "Don't patronize me."

"Sorry, princess." Draco whispered.

"Stop!" Potter whined, his face and ears heating at the other's words.

Both boys wanted to ask what this made them, but were too afraid of the other's answers.

"What are your plans over the Summer?" Draco asked, inquisitively.

"Just probably stay at my home..."

"The Dursley's?" Draco asked, now defensively. He'd heard of how they treated his Harry, and that wasn't acceptable.

"No, my godfather's. I'm done with those people."

The blonde rested his head upon the raven's, "Good. No one should ever mistreat you again."

The shorter boy giggled, "I have a feeling you won't let that happen."

" 'Won't." Malfoy promised. He promised Harry, but also promised himself. No matter what he was going through, Harry would always come first. As long as Harry would have him, Draco would gladly stand by him.

The two stayed like that for a long while. Just swaying, comfortable in each other's presence.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy." Potter whispered, resting his head again Draco's chest.

"Harry James Potter." Malfoy whispered back.

"Your favorite colors are amethyst and gold."

"Yours are grey and blue."

"Yours favorite word is 'precisely' even though you don't use it."