chapter 18: Constellations

It was ten forty-five and Harry was nowhere in sight. Draco had been waiting up in the Astronomy Tower since ten, when it struck him. The Gryffindor might not even be coming! Maybe he was being stood up.

"I can't believe I fell for it." Draco mumbled under his breath. It was a pipe dream, thinking that Harry would actually meet him.

Draco sighed, and decided to just stay up in the Tower and watch the stars. He laid down on the dusty floor, and tucked his hands behind his head.

As he gazed up at the beautiful skies, he heard a tentative voice behind him, "M-Mind if I join you?"

Draco sat up, snapping his head up to the figure in the shadows, "W-What?"

Harry emerged from the dark and seemed to light up the room. Decked in an outfit Draco had never seen before, Harry looked absolutely beautiful.

"I didn't think you'd actually show up." The blonde whispered, slowly standing from the ground.

"O-Of course I d-did." The raven-haired boy replied, shifting almost uncomfortably.

"You look..." Draco didn't know which word to use. Perfect? Beautiful? Gorgeous? Amazing? Adorable? "You look different."

"Oh."

"A good kind of different! Like you look like... you..." Draco was embarrassed at himself, but in complete awe of the boy in front of him.

"S-Sorry I'm late. Colin was in the Common Room, and I didn't want him to see me."

"Of course not. Seeing another chap... that's scandalous, Potter. Absolutely scandalous. Not excessively smart."

A blush formed upon his former enemies face, "Shove off."

Draco took a breath and that was probably the stupidest thing he could have done. When he inhaled, he smelled something. Potter smelled like peppermint, "Are you wearing perfume?"

Harry's face heat up even more- if that was even possible, "I..." He looked down, "Y-Yeah.."

Draco resisted the urge to say something socially awkward like, 'You smell good.'

"I wanted to thank you for the gift box. It's really amazing." The smaller boy whispered.

"I'm glad you liked it. I was hoping it... wouldn't be too much."

"Thanks to that, I was able to fully come out to Hermione and Ron."

"That's incredible."

Neither boy really knew what to say. What were you supposed to say?

"What did you tell Pansy and Blaise? About tonight?" Harry asked, almost not wanting to know the answer, himself.

"I told them I was coming to meet you." Draco smiled, softly.

Harry swayed slightly as he clutched his sleeves with his clammy hands, "I thought y-you'd make an excuse."

"I'm offended. I'm not that much of a prick. At least I hope not."

Harry giggled. Draco always knew how to lighten the mood with humor.

"Care to watch the stars with me?" Malfoy asked, nodding toward the balcony while maintaining eye contact.

He nodded slowly, "I'd love to."

The two laid back on the floor and gazed up into the open sky. It was peaceful and quiet as the two got comfortable.

"Why did you show up?" Draco asked, turning his head slightly to look at Harry.

"I was going to ask you the same question..." Potter blushed, "I don't want to say something I'll regret."