Chapter 31: Closure

It had been a whole summer since everything happened at Hogwarts. Everything had died down and things seemed to be back to normal. Better then normal even. Things by no means were perfect but the future was bright.

Harry had gotten a lot of time to reflect on his relationship with the Slytherin. How it started, how it went and how it ended. He felt as though part of him was missing but he hoped that one day he'd find it with someone new. He was content with waiting. He wasn't eager to throw himself at any blokes right away. When the right person came to Harry it would just hit him.

The Boy Who Lived was strolling the grounds, and enjoying the last day before school started. He was humming to songs he'd heard on Hermione's muggle radio. He was enjoying life the best he could. No doubt some crazy bugger would try to kill him like every term, but at least he had today. Everything was beautiful.

      {}

He was tired. So painfully tired, but he couldn't stop. He kept running. This world seemed to be an endless loop. He'd ran all directions and absolutely nothing, but if he ran through the woods it would only be there for a few minutes before he'd come out the other end.

"Just stop running. Give in, Draco. I'll forgive you." Comatosious's voice echoed from everywhere, making it impossible for Draco to pinpoint his location.

He tripped. He was so so tired. He was drenched in sweat, and hadn't slept in what seemed like forever. He was thirsty and hungry, and just wanted rest. As he lay there he remembered what he was fighting for. He hadn't lost sight of it. Even if he never ever got back to his boy, he would fight until the very end. He got to his feet and started running again.

As he limped deeper and deeper into the brush, he heard a roar. Comatosious was infuriated, and all grace had left from his tone.

Draco closed his eyes. He wasn't going to make it. He couldn't. But would he stop? No. He kept running.

"I love you, Harry."

       {}

He was going to be okay. He may not be with his ex, but Harry would be just fine. He closed his eyes and lifted his face to sky. The days of sunshine warmed his face. He would heal. His love for Draco still burned bright. The overwhelming feeling of sadness hit him at once.

'I love you, Draco.'

The wind was most literally knocked out of Harry, as something hit him at full force, knocking him flat, and several feet back, "Ow!"

The stranger landed on top of him, "Shit."

Harry was tempted to scold the person and tell them to mind where they were going, but he saw the person's leg was cut, and bleeding, "A-Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, thanks." He sat up. The sun blinded the Gryffindor, so he couldn't see the boy's face, "Are you okay?" The boy brushed off his shoulders and stood up, offering Harry a hand.

"I'm okay. Just a little out of breath." He took the hand, and it caused him to frown as he was yanked to his feet. The touch of his stranger was familiar, "Thanks."

He chuckled as he let go of the strangers hand, "You know, you're really not suppose to go into this precise location of the Forbidden Forest. Well, I mean you can, if you're trying to get lost. If that was your intention then..." He trailed off, as his eyes trailed up the stranger's body to his face. A face he knew.

This boy was tall, with fair skin, and grey eyes. His hair was now shoulder length, and dirty, but still platinum blonde. His chapped, pink lips were parted, as he stared down at Harry in disbelief.