chapter 17: Aftermath

Harry had slept better than he ever had before. When he awoke he yawned loudly. As his emerald eyes opened, he found his roommates staring him down, "Ah!"

Seamus smiled, pleasantly, "Morning, Harry."

Neville cocked his head to the side and gave the boy a once-over, "I wonder if you're top or bottom."

Harry jumped slightly, "W-What?!"

The redheaded boy groaned loudly as he buried his head in a pillow, "I just noticed something."

Everyone turned to him expectant.

"Seamus is gay, and with Ernie. Neville is gay and he's dating Blaise now. And Dean is bisexual and dating Zane. And lastly Harry is clearly gay- as stated last night- and seems to be with Malfoy. Am I the only straight person in Gryffindor?"

Harry blushed at remembering the night before's occurrences.

"Well... Colin is gay... Denis and Lavender are pansexual... Ginny is a lesbian... Hermione is straight?" Dean pointed out, trying to be helpful.

"So Hermione and myself against the forces of the not-straights."

"Are you with us or against us?" Finigan asked, playfully.

Ron raised his hands up, "I'll go with you quietly, but you leave my ass alone!"

"Can't make any promises." Seamus teased.

Harry almost broke down sobbing with relief. Why had he been so afraid to come out? Why didn't he realize Ron and Hermione had accepted everyone else, and they'd except him as well?

His best friends accepted him as queer... but would they except him for being with Draco? He really didn't want to know. It was hard enough to admit his feelings to Draco, but 'Mione and Weasley?

"What day is it?" Potter asked.

"Friday, but Dumbledore said we had the day off." Dean frowned, "I wish he would've told us that at dinner. I woke up early just to go to breakfast and be told I could've slept in."

{}

Draco really wished that they didn't have the day off from classes. It was noon and he refused to get out of bed. He was afraid he would run into Harry if he got out of bed.

Last night was the best and worst night of his life. People do crazy things when caught up in a moment. What if Harry has just confessed his feelings for Draco because it felt right, and not because he meant it?

Draco had genuine feelings for Harry. How could he not? Everything the Gryffindor did was indescribably perfect, as was he.

As soon as Harry had climbed upon the Slytherin's lap, Draco couldn't even breathe. The thoughts that rushed through his mind were hectic.

'What is he doing?!'

'Is this a prank?'

'Harry Potter is on my fucking lap!'

"Draco." Blaise scowled, attempting to shove him out of bed, "Get the fuck out of your sheets and into Potter's."

The blonde blinked before closing his eyes as a slow smile crept across his face, "That was good, I'll give you that. Not your best, but good."

"I know. Anyways, Neville met me at lunch and Harry's looking for you."

Quicker than a bird taking flight, Malfoy was up, and throwing on clothes, thinking, 'Dear God, what do I wear?!'