Chapter 28: Promise Me

When Harry opened his eyes he came to two realization. One; the bed was cold. Two; the reason why the bed was cold was because Draco wasn't by his side. He yawned, and stretched. He was confused because he did not know where the Slytherin was.

"Draco?" He muttered sleepily, hopping out of the maroon sheets and onto the crisp, cold wood flooring, "Draco?"

That's when he realized a third thing. He wasn't alone. Ron and Neville were in the middle of playing a game of Exploding Snap, but now the pieces laid untouched as they stared at Harry.

Neville knew better than to ask questions, and Ron already understood.

"Erm, sorry mate... Draco isn't here."
Longbottom murmured. His face was bright red, and he stared at his cards instead of Harry.

"We've been awake since 7, and he wasn't here then."

"S-So no one saw him leave?" Harry tilted his head up. He was hurt. Sundays were always their time together. They'd sleep in late, wake up, and go down to the Great Hall for a late breakfast. It was odd to imagine a day where he wouldn't be spending it with his lover.

      {}

Draco was back in the Library again.
He was starting to feel like Hermione, and that made him cringe. He had no problem with her anymore but he surely didn't want to conform to her ways of lack of social life and social cues.

He had been looking up magical forests near Hogwarts Grounds. The only thing he could find was in Hogwarts, A History, where it discussed the Forbidden Forest. Draco was in such dismay he almost threw the book across the Library. That was, of course, until he saw Blaise.

Blaise was crossing the floor holding Neville's hand. As soon as he saw Blaise's face he knew he was in trouble.

"Where've you been, Draco?" He asked, his face wiped blank of expression.

The blonde blinked, "Um, I've been with Harry."

"This morning too?"

"Yes, of course. Where else would I have been?"

Neville shifted uncomfortably, "Um, no you weren't... I saw you leave the Common Room, around midnight. I didn't say anything because I thought you'd be right back. I tried to wait up for you, but I fell asleep."

Malfoy took a shallow breath. He could've sworn he left the Common Room unseen by anyone. That's what he tried to do, at least. He hadn't slept well. Actually, he hadn't slept at all. He had been lying there trying to clear his mind of the place he'd experienced, but couldn't. He wanted nothing more than to go back there, but he needed to be sure he wasn't dreaming or imagining it.

'If I return to the woods, and can't find that place, that may be the final nail in the coffin.'

"I needed to finish some Potions homework, due tomorrow." The lie slipped out before he even had time to register what he had said.

"Really?" Blaise scoffed, "We completed the homework in the dorm on Friday. Next time you want to lie to your best friend's face, come up with a better alibi." With that, he tugged Neville out of the Library and down the corridor.