chapter 25: Softly

Harry's green orbs opened, meeting the all too-familiar glare of sterile white sheets. Panic was the first thing that he felt. Pure panic. Ernie Malcom had been trying to kill him! Draco wasn't there!

The small boy looked around, his breathing heavy and quick. His bottom lip began quivering, "No..."

'Draco where are you?'

{}

The blonde was passed out, outside the Hospital Wing. Madam Pompfrey wouldn't let him wait by Harry, but Draco, being Draco, wouldn't just head back to his Common Room to catch some winks. Instead, he waited all night, laying with his back propped up against the wall.

He was in a deep, dreamless sleep, which was much needed, but due to past events, being away from Harry was hell.

It was when Malfoy heard the tiny whisper of a simple word that his eyes snapped open. It was Harry's voice. Maybe he was delusional, but he needed to see him.

He jumped to his feet and headed through the semi-restricted doors. Rushing over to Harry's bed, he the the curtains over, and there laid his beautiful, thoughtful, giddy, and perfect little.

He met the blonde's eyes and his lips parted in relief, "Draco!"

The Slytherin already had the Gryffindor in his arms before a second had passed, "Harry, I'm so glad you're okay. Are you okay?"

Tears were streaming down his face, "You saved me."

"Now, we're even." The Slytherin breathed in the scent of the Gryffindor's hair. He thought he'd never smell the peppermint that Harry's locks carried ever again, "Look at you, ambrosial and all."

A shaky giggle left the Gryffindor's mouth, "Precisely."

Draco pulled back enough to rest his forehead on the smaller boy's, "Harry, do you know how worried I was?"

The Chosen One whimpered slightly, "I was worried too. He kept talking about human sacrifice, and- and-"

"Shh... I've got you. No one will ever hurt you when I'm here." The Slytherin's voice was filled with pure, intentional honesty.

"Thank you."

The two just held each other for a while, in utter bliss. Harry suddenly opened his eyes to meet Draco's. The blonde's gaze flickered down to the Harry's lips, and back up to his green orbs. Malfoy couldn't hold back, no, he didn't want to. He had lost his baby once, and he wouldn't let that happen again.

Draco lifted Harry's chin up, held it in place, leaned in slowly, and his lips met Harry's. The Slytherin kissed the other boy softly. Potter was still shocked and overwhelmed with pure happiness that he couldn't process just yet. Draco's free hand slowly snaked around the raven-haired boy's waist, pulling him closer.

One of Harry's hands reached up to his hero's cheek while the other hooked on his neck, pulling him closer. The smaller boy kissed back, matching the Pureblood's pace. He'd dreamt about this for quite some time, and here it was. Draco Lucius Malfoy kissed him with such care, as if this was all he wanted.

Harry had never felt more wanted in his entire life.

When the two parted, it was only for air.

"Harry James Potter, you are bloody incredible."

A light blush dusted his cheeks at the compliment, "Thank... thank you."

"Of course." The blonde murmured, awkwardly.

"Although... I think you should kiss me again so I can get a good idea if we should ever do it in the future."

The brave words took the blonde aback, but a surprised chuckle left his pink lips. Draco crashed his lips back onto Harry's. This kiss was a bit more energetic. This was about them.