chapter 15: Perfect

As his face turned to the sky, his stomach began to rumble. Harry's eyes snapped down to his tummy and he looked shyly up at the boy he longed to be with.

"Hungry, Potter?" The blonde asked with a chuckle.

"N-No." He lied.

Draco raised an eyebrow, "Really? Because you seem to be."

The Golden boy looked down and swayed slightly.

The blonde sighed and pulled Harry into Honeyduke's, "What are you in the mood for?"

"You already bought me a drink. I won't let you buy me sweets." The shorter boy murmured, glancing up into the icy blue eyes of his sworn enemy.

"Do you like Acid Pops?" He picked up a round, green lollipop.

Seamus whispered to Ernie with a grin, "He likes to suck them."

"Never had one." Potter answered, not hearing his fellow Gryffindor's words.

"Well that settles it." The 6'3" boy went up to the cashier and whispered something, and gave six galleons to the employee.

"Six galleons? For a lollipop?"

"Yes. Try it."

Ruling out the idea of the Acid Pop being poisoned and this being one of Malfoy's tricks, Harry accepted the sweet. He unwrapped the cover and tentatively licked it. The taste was overwhelmingly sour and the taste of pure citric acid burned his tongue.

"What? You don't like it?"

In response, the Boy Who Lived let his tongue waggle out of his mouth when his eyes squeezed shut.

Malfoy was laughing too hard to use words. This boy-this perfect boy- really didn't like sour things.

"Why are you laughing? It's terrible! I can't feel my tongue!"

"So it's safe to say you prefer sweet over sour."

"Obviously." Harry winced again, shuddering at the aftertaste.

"Oh, Potter." Draco grinned at him and then asked, "Are you okay? Was it too strong for you?"

"Prick." The raven boy's nose wrinkled as he smiled at Malfoy.

Green and maroon walked around town for awhile. They learned each other's favorite foods, places, songs and several other things. By chance, or maybe by fate, they ran into Hogwarts' favorite Hufflepuff couple.

They exchanged nods and greetings but Chris and Cedric seemed to be in a rush.

"What do you think of them?" Harry asked, staring after them.

"I envy them."

"I thought you didn't like relationships?"

"You don't either."

"They're..."

"Restricting?"

"No. Complicated."

The blonde quirked an eyebrow, "How so?"

"I j-just don't know if I could ever trust anyone with-" His eyes widened and Harry quickly shut up. He had almost told his deepest secret to Draco.

"With...?"

"N-Nothing."

"I'm not going to make you tell me anything. But if you ever want to talk, or maybe someone to just listen... I'm your guy." He reached over and ran a hand through the shorter boy's locks.