nakbi

[it's the baby and eomma ship in iz*one!]

[requested by: @TzuyuLovesGucci  go and check them out! their books are GREAT istg]

[rain, teasing, and you]

On their way back to the IZ*ONE's Dorm 1, the rain started to fall heavily and with no sign of settling down anytime soon. 

Water came down from the darkening sky, drenching the flowers and trees and the softening ground underneath them in no time at all.

Eunbi considered running as she and Nako unfortunately spent all their won buying groceries, which meant they could not possibly pay a cab to drive them back to Dorm 1, but decided against it.

They were carrying goods from the market, which they might drop in their haste. Running over mud and slippery stones weren't safe. 

And above all else, Eunbi would never want her beloved Nako to grow tired.

"It'll let up soon," Eunbi told her, letting her Nako stand close to her under a large tree. It wasn't the best shelter, but it was surely better than nothing. "once it calms down a little bit, I'll carry you back home, Nako-yah."

"Are you as strong as Chaeyeon unnie now? You can't carry all these persimmons and me, Eunbi unnie," Nako said, teasingly.

Once she learned to tease the older, she did not stop. 

It wasn't something the leader disliked, though. It's far from the silent, timid her from when they first met in Produce48, and an even farther one from how everyone was after the announcing of the final members- broken and disbelieving of a future where they can poke fun of each other like this. Their struggle and constant training in all categories had already ended, and they all recovered somehow. 

Now everytime Nako teased her about something, she jokingly says a little prayer that they got this far in front of the smol.

"Yah! I'm just as strong as that dancing feather!" Eunbi said, her expression determined. "The tubs of ice cream, the potatoes, the meat and eggs and you! I'll carry them all! It won't be a problem. Watch me!"

Nako laughed and feigned worry, "I dunno... it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, ne unnie?"

She gently took her hair out of her ponytail, squeezing the water out and letting the drops of water trail along her pale arms and elbows.