annyeongz

[requested by, my fave reader: WoWsOeXpEnSiVe >:(((]

[every time someone comments on my book, it brightens my day bit by bit! and this reader here always does exactly that.]

[the knight and her princess]

Spending time with Jang Wonyoung all the time was normal for Yujin. Be it at the sea, where they were right now, or at any other place. 

However, it was a bit unusual for them to be this quiet and to just stand next to each other, holding hands loosely.

It wasn't awkward though, as most would think.

It felt comfortable and although they weren't doing anything special, she was satisfied by just spending time with Wonyoung. 

But she also knew that Jang Wonyoung wasn't the kind of person to let the situation stay as it was for too long, so it didn't surprise her at all when she spoke up.

"Hey, Yujin," Wonyoung said, her gaze set on the sea.

"What is it?"

Wonyoung giggled, still not sparing a glance at the girl beside her. 

That was out of nowhere, I'm getting a bad feeling 'bout this. Although she couldn't see it clearly, Yujin was sure Wonyoung's eyes were full of mischief right now. She knew that kind of giggling and it never meant anything good.

"Do you remember when we were younger and talked about living together in a castle? And that I would be the princess and you wanted to be the knight that always protects me?"

Yujin blinked, unable to form a reply immediately. 

Out of all things, this wasn't something she had expected at all. Where was this even coming from so suddenly? That had happened so long ago and though she hadn't forgotten about it, it wasn't something she thought about often. 

They had only been kids back then and it was normal for children to dwell on their fantasies, but bringing it up after so long.. Where was this leading to?

"...What about it?" She finally replied, the surprise that came over her now long gone. Wonyoung seemed to not mind at all, still looking as if there were all kind of bad ideas in her mind. Yujin was glad she knew her well enough to be able to read her when it came to that. 

"Weeeell, it's still a great idea, don't you think so too, Yujinnie?" 

Gosh damn. Her eyes were shining and if Yujin didn't know any better, she'd believe Wonyoung's enthusiasm and lively personality were actually making everything around them look more brighter.