hyemin

[requested by: TzuyuLovesGucci  bcs the movie "THE FAULT IS NOT YOURS" made me feel all kinds of emotions

[requested by: TzuyuLovesGucci  bcs the movie "THE FAULT IS NOT YOURS" made me feel all kinds of emotions. tis'll be long, mian. AND SUICIDE IS MENTIONED, SO READER'S DISCRETION IS ADVICED.]

[listening to Someday, You and I, Dreamlike, and Really Like You on loop when i wrote and typed this down :)]

[under these stars, everything's alright]

Kang Hyewon was not the fastest runner, nor was she the most athletic among her groups of friends. 

She'd be a lost cause in almost all of the activities their school held. She couldn't even count the many times she came last in getting picked in their daily activities. 

She was pathetic, and she knew it. Although that sounded depressing, through years and years of being cradled by neglecting, viscious, uncaring parents, she learned to just go with it, go with the flow, don't mind the consequences of neglecting the ability to feel emotions, and that would be enough to last her through any wretched day. 

Nothing seemed to matter as years flew by. Nothing changed. Life was at its dullest.

She was just as slow, just as pathetic, not even a tad close to being athletic.

"Oi, you brat!" Her father called out from another room, presumably the kitchen. Hyewon sighed and laid her laptop on the lone pillow on her bed. "Get me some soju! I ran out yesterday and your whimp of a mother can't get up to go out... fucking slut can't even feed her husband."

It was like any other night, running errands for her parents, and her wallet running empty. Exhausted and weary, her feet led her to the nearest convenience store. 

And by nearest, that meant walking a mile without any vehicle or transport from her home to the convenience store. 

However, that night when she decided to head out in her winter wear...

Suffice it to say, she didn't expect to come running and sprinting out of the convenience store with a bag of chips in hand as her eyes caught sight of a shadowy figure behind the glass window of a classroom Kang Hyewon knew all too well.

Run fast.

Hyewon gathered up all her strength to put all the force left in her legs.