dubchaeng

[can we be bestfriends in love]

"And that's a wrap, gays! except for Momo," Jihyo said, hands on her hips. A month is left before their comeback, so they tried to practice once or twice a day.

She smiled at the determined looks on the members' faces, except for one...

"Chaeyoung, sweetheart, you seem to be a little out of focus during practice."

The said cub only waved a hand at the worried faces of her bandmates. "Mianhae, unnie, just need sleep is all."

"Well, you can go back to the dorm now. Manager-nim will be upset if any of us gets sick again." Jihyo said, pinching the bridge of her nose as she sighed.

Chaeyoung excused herself, packed up her things on the counter and tiredly made her way back to the dorm, failing to notice a certain tofu following close behind.

Finally arriving back at the dorm, Chaeyoung flopped on her bed in her shared bedroom with the maknae line, sighing loudly. Since their comeback is nearing, TWICE has been very busy these days. Schedules became more hectic. In JYP Ent., you really have to work hard. Because of this, Chaeyoung also forgot to have a break from time to time, so she had to go back earlier than the others.

Suddenly, she heard the door to the dorm open with a loud creak. She made a mental note to tell the others to call the person who fixes the appliances in their dorm to make the main door less rusty, because that creak could wake up some members who are light sleepers.

But wait,
she swore she didnt hear anybody going in the same direction as her on the way here.

"Tzuyu? Eonnies, is practice over?" Too lazy to stand up and see if the members came back, she stayed put on her bed with furrowed eyebrows. She shook her head.

Nah, there's no need to worry, Chae. Only the members including her has access to the dorm.

She pulled her phone out and scrolled through her playlist to listen to some jams. Once she picked a song, she let it play right beside her on the bed.

when she smiled at me,
i fell straight to my knees,
begging please be my baby tonight..
can i hold your hand as we walk down the beach,
on the soft soft soft sand?

Another creak sounded again before she felt the space beside her sink.

Just by the scent, Chaeyoung immediately knew who it was. Weird, but for the both of them, it just felt natural. They are bestfriends after all.

While the chorus played, Chaeyoung opened an eye to look if she guessed right. Bingo.

Dahyun spoke first, "Hi."

"Hey."

Dahyun sat across Chaeyoung, only a meter away from her. "Everyone's worried. Are you sure nothing's bothering you?"

"Positive." Chaeyoung briefly replied.

Dahyun scoffed and brought her hands to her chest, crossing her arms. "I beg to differ."