michaeng

[finally, a MICHAENG ONESHOT

[finally, a MICHAENG ONESHOT. shorter than usual, i think :T]

["i like you" game]

The rain was soft inside Twice's dorm with everyone silently doing their own thing before Jeongyeon rose from her beanbag and declared she'd make each member their desired drink on this Saturday afternoon. Nayeon and Momo joined her in their mini kitchen, worried that the tallest might need some assistance. Fighting, Jeongyeon-ah.

Sana had insisted she'd help with the rest of the unnie line, but Jeongyeon gently refused as the squirrel had caught a cold a few days ago and suggested she'd sit back with Dahyun and Tzuyu back on the long leather couch. We hope you're alright, Sana.

Chaeyoung sat on the floor, the carpet saving her bum from aching as she have been bending her back for almost an hour now, trying to add some strokes on canvas that laid on her lap. While the cub was lost in her own world, she failed to notice a penguin waddle towards her and elegantly sat down across her. 

Mina saw the spirals beautifully elaborated, Chaeyoung's talented hands guided and glided her paintbrush here and there, adding long, abrupt, haste strokes. She dared not to disturb the artist and set her cup of chocolate milk between both their crossed legs on the carpet. She wondered how Chaeyoung could get any of her ideas into her paintings with all the sounds that were going around the dorm.

Dahyun who was in the living room as well, switched the TV every two minutes, Tzuyu munching on her bread quite noisily, Sana sneezing into another ball of tissue on the coffee table, NaMo arguing on the other side for god knows what, and Jeongyeon's whistling teapot. Mina could never imagine herself getting her work done with this kind of environment. Cozy and everything, if work's serious and urgent, she'd have a panic attack before dashing to her room. 

Eyes set on Chaeyoung, she wondered how her mind worked, where these masterpieces of hers came from, and how she could work calmly and collectively. 

Although it didn't show much on the outside, what Mina did not know was that Chaeyoung was a big mess herself at the sudden realization that hit her square in the face. 

Not that she was fidgety around Mina, that was long ago. 
But sometimes these kinds of moments would make her slightly self-conscious. What did Mina think of her crappy recreation of Van Gogh's Starry Night? Did she even wash her face before going all out on this canvas before her? Dear jisoos, was there a little bit of smudge of makeup on her bare face?

Mina noticed Chaeyoung's hand come to an abrupt stop, paintbrush hovering over the star nearest to the pale yellow moon. Had she been staring for quite a while now and Chaeyoung noticed? Nice, now she'll think the old Mina was back in action. Just great.