michaeng

[the CRUMBS these days im ugly sobbing]

[a short christmas special! hope it's fluffy enough for this wonderful day!]

[special present]

"That's the last gift wrapper we have left. Chaeng, you sure you want to wrap these presents all by yourself?"

Chaeyoung only watched Jeongyeon as she picked up the crumpled gift wrapping paper the cub had wasted for the past thirty minutes. 

Her gaze fell on the box on her lap containing a sparkly pair of red ribbons. It looked dazzling, beautiful, and neatly done, completely different to the discarded dirty tapes and scissors around it.

She let out a soft sigh, feeling slightly hopeless and frustrated that she was still at zero percent progress in wrapping the gifts before their mini party in TWICE's dorm starts. She was good at designs, that was to be expected from an aspiring artist like Son Chaeyoung, but as simple as gift-wrapping was, she was upset with herself that she hadn't mastered it yet, especially at her age.

Jeongyeon looked down at the now sulking Chaeyoung with eyes full of concern. She knew how she preferred handling things her way, without anyone's assistance. Any problem that came to punch her in the face would always be solved without any wasted time. 

And to see her in the verge of failing a challenge like this is quite surprising and worrying at the same time.

"Ya know, Chaeng, I can call Dahyun or Tzuyu to lend some help. What do ya say? Hm?" Jeongyeon asked once more, trying to get Chaeyoung to respond. To her delight, the younger seems to acknowledge her call.

"I'll be fine, unnie. I'm going to finish this before 4pm so you don't have to worry," Chaeyoung looked up from the red ribbons on her lap and gave Jeongyeon a small reassuring smile.

After the older spared her a last worried glance, she finally left her alone to finish. 

Now... she just had to figure out how she was going to fix her mess and finish her task.

She knew she can't call and ask Nayeon or Jihyo for help. The two were already panicking in their little kitchen, presumably because the clanking of pots and pans and dropping of spoons could be heard all around the dorm, and Chaeyoung couldn't bear adding herself the burden. Tzuyu was busy decorating the living room with streamers, banners, various colors of balloons. Chaeyoung originally wanted to do that, but Jihyo gently turned her down and let Tzuyu decorate everything instead as she was taller.

Big ouch to that one.

 As for Dahyun, she went out with the J-Line to buy groceries and everything they would need later for the party.

In that moment though, she heard the dorm's door open with a big slamming sound. God their managers are going to kill them if they were here.

Chaeyoung whipped her head to the direction of where the sound came from and saw an all too familiar group of four going her way.