Apologies and the Big Three

I plopped back down in my seat with a grin on my face, ignoring the confused looks my classmates were giving me.  I'd just received some great news, and I planned on basking in it for as long as possible.  In fact, today, I would make it my personal mission to have a good day.

I sat in my own thoughts like that for the majority of the day as the boring classes continued.  But, unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and my daydreaming was no exception.

"Um, (L/N), may I see you for a moment?" English class had rolled around, and now Present Mic stood at the front of the classroom.  I grit my teeth and glared back at him.  I'd just promised myself that I'd have a good day, and I refused to let him change that.

"I'm sorry, sir, but have I done something wrong?" I growled, doing my best to ignore how badly my hands were shaking.  I was still in pretty bad shape after everything he and his little friends had done to me.  Still, I absolutely would not be allowing him to see me like that.  I refused to let him see me in such a weak state

"Well, no..." he started, barely even meeting my eyes.

"Then if you don't mind, I would like to just begin class now," I snapped.

All 20 students stared at me in pure, unadulterated shock.  This time, I really couldn't blame them.  I'd just talked back to one of our teachers, not even trying to hide the anger in my voice, when I'd spent my entire time with them barely uttering more than two words at a time.  Present Mic stood still for a moment before stomping over to my desk.  My breathing picked up a bit, my hands suddenly clammy as I watched him approach.  Finally, he reached my desk, and I squeezed my eyes shut, unable to keep myself from flinching backwards.

"I'm sorry!"

Slowly, I opened my eyes to see Present Mic, my teacher and one of the esteemed pro heroes and faculty members of UA, standing before me in a full 90 degree bow.  I had no idea what to say.

"I should never have suspected you for the USJ incident," he continued.  "After everything that had happened, my judgement had been clouded by anger and frustration for not being able to help my friends when it really counted.  I realize that is no excuse, but I hope you can forgive me for my actions.  You saved my best friend's life.  Thank you."

I swear, you could hear a pin drop.  Actually, screw that.  You could hear a single hair hit the floor from three rooms away with the silence that had taken over the room.  Oh crap, I should be saying something, shouldn't I?  What the hell do you even say to that, though?!

"Y-you're welcome!" I managed to squeak out.  Present Mic nodded before straightening back up and going back to the front of the classroom to start the class, leaving me to stew in my shock and confusion alone.

I spent the rest of the morning for the most part in that state, completely zoning out for each of the classes -- although, that wasn't too different from my usual routine for classes.  I guess the biggest change was that I wasn't able to sleep like this and therefore missed my usual nap during morning classes.  Finally, though, the bell rang for lunch, and I was able to escape the now suffocating classroom.

After I'd grabbed my food from Lunch Rush -- seriously, I think he might be my favorite hero since I've arrived here -- I gazed out across the lunch room in uncertainty.  I could see where the friends I'd made in class 1-B were sitting, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to walk towards them.  I think my mind was still too clouded from Present Mic's little display earlier.  So instead, I found myself walking aimlessly through the hallways until I'd reached what looked to be the door to the roof.  I grinned widely as I quickly made up my mind.  This was the perfect place to eat my lunch -- somewhere no one knew me and therefore no one would bother me.